Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

BexGu posted:

Now I can't figure out if this is something ALL character can do (sort of like how Earth and Beyond had three different XP bars based on combat/exploring/trade) and a player can pick and choose which path to focus on or that a player is locked into one path per character.
I think paths are something all characters can do. They will have a path just for the player housing, so it makes sense if you can do all of them. They are calling them paths because they'll help direct the player.

Here's a newer video from PAX 2012.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtK-8sUazUs

Yaos fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

Uh, what? GW2 doesn't have a sub fee and past the box price, follows the free to play model already in a sense. Even GW2 has been out since early 2005? and hasn't changed, buy the box and play for free. You don't make a lot of sense.

They mean completely free to play without buying the box. The first Guild Wars did not really have a cash shop so going completely free to play would not work for it, they did add one but it's nowhere close to GW2's gem store.

I'm hoping Wildstar will use the same model as GW2, very few MMOs managed to keep subscriptions up, the vast majority failed and went free to play.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I'll be joining up with Starfleet Dental this time around. Normally I play with normal goons but I'd prefer to play with mega-goons this time around.

I don't know what's brining me to this game, perhaps it's because I buy every MMO when it releases. I actually like the WoW model of getting cool loot and doing quests. I do have an idea for the game, they should let guilds buy billboard space in the game to advertise the guild. Everybody needs to know that Dear Leader runs the best guild in the game and nobody else can join.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 23, 2014

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Slashrat posted:

I think so. Even during periods with connection issues, the movement seems 100% responsive. You apparently just risk logging back in up to a hundred yards or so from where you were at the time of a disconnect.
This reminds me of Asheron's Call, you're running around trying to find monsters, suddenly you disconnect. When you reconnect you're in the middle of nowhere surrounded by monsters 10 levels above you. I hope this happens in Wildstar.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Rhymenoserous posted:

DPS solo's well. Tanks solo slow, and healers tend to be miserable. That's why.

That's why being able to easily switch between specs is essential. Maybe even have gear change stats depending on which spec you are in so you don't have to have 3 sets of gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Instead of buying skills they could have made them rewards for killing stuff in the wild or as quest rewards. Just plain buying skills is boring and serves no purpose other than a gold sink. Guild Wars did this and it was pretty neat.

• Locked thread