Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I really want to like this game. It looks really cool, and I like a lot of what they're doing like the different ways of levelling. But NCSOFT's past looms over this and I really can't see them letting it last very long and I'm afraid it'll just get replaced by their next generic creep oriented anime mmo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Goddamn that housing video makes this look cool as hell. I can't wait now.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Every MMO beta NDA I've been under has allowed me to SAY I was in the beta, but nothing more than that.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Phoix posted:

Check the newsletters they send if you opted in. Right now they're pulling people based on system specs and they get those from a survey in the newsletter. They said they'll be sending another soon.

They never sent me one of those :mad:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

drat those videos really do make it look like WoW in space, but in a pretty cool way.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I picked mounts because they are the most important :colbert:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

The non-Japan FF14 servers are all in Canada, no real lag problems except for 2 fights (Titan HM and Titan EX)

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Don't mess with your Facebook just go here http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/504/Beta-Weekend-Key-Handout.html

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Deki posted:

Let me put it this way, I've played WoW through WOTLK, both Rift expansions, Both Darkfall launches, Both final fantasy MMOs, and a tiny, tiny bit of eve.

Wildstar levelling to max (or equivalent) is much faster than any of those games.

I fully admit that Wildstar 1-20 does feel too long, but the overall trend is fairly flat. 48-49 for me on pre-buffed engineer took just over an hour and a half (49-50 loving sucks though due to missing zones). I do think there were a lot of kill quests that took way too loving long to do, but levelling in general wasn't a chore.

e: Also the exp bonus for completing quests higher level than you and the penalty for lower level quests is pretty high. Carbine should really change that so that sitting and completing an early-midgame zone doesn't penalize you, or at least tell the player through a tutorial window or something.

I did WHM 1 -40 in ff14 in a week, and I'm a casual.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Goddamn this game really is loving Space WoW. I get to the Northern Wilds and it's the loving Dranei starter zone and the dwarf starter zone combined.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Kill raiders.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

CT is a trainwreck and you can't stop looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

miscellaneous14 posted:

I think it would have been fine if they just de-hourglassed the female models. Giving everyone sliders to the point where you can look like a space-holocaust survivor comes across like they wanted to avoid pissing off the creepy beta forum grognards, but who gives a gently caress about those guys?

It's refreshing working at a dev studio right now where the women characters in the game look cool too. It's not that hard, honest!

If I can't make anything from a beanpole to Jabba the Hutt and everything in between why even bother?

• Locked thread