Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Urinal Farter
May 5, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Even though I know this game is still just like WoW 2.0 (But in a interesting sci-fi way) I keep getting more and more excited for it.

I think I'm getting more and more excited for it because it's sci-fi WoW 2.0.

So many WoW clones have failed because they can't hit that balance of copying what made Warcraft so much fun while adding enough new stuff to make it feel fresh. The information that's been revealed so far makes Wildstar look like it may be close to hitting that mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urinal Farter
May 5, 2006

I really like what I'm hearing about the paths working together. In the 45 minute dev video an example is presented where a Scientist and Explorer are working together. The Explorer opens up a secret underground cave that, in addition to whatever the explorer does there, also contains rare mushrooms that the Scientist can scan and catalog.

Everyone is used to having to team up with other players to kill elite monsters or bosses or whatever, but being encouraged to play with others in order to accomplish exploration and non-combat tasks is pretty cool.

Urinal Farter
May 5, 2006

Magres posted:

Given their overall approach to PR, I can genuinely imagine a work meeting where someone stands up and says "Okay guys, weekly name change for [the spoilered classes], what are we gonna bump it to next to gently caress with the players?"

It makes me happy

I really do hope they end up calling the last two classes something other than what was originally leaked. You've got classes like the Esper and Spellslinger running around, and even very uniquely named attributes like Moxie, Grit, etc. Next to all of that Engineer and Medic sound incredibly mundane and un-Wildstary to me.

• Locked thread