Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Dominic White posted:

Reviews for this should be rolling out in the next few minutes - time to find out whether my gamble worked out. If it did, score! If not... anyone want a Steam key for the game for £18?

I've checked about 10 sites and everyone is giving it 8+ or whatever their equivalent is. People seem to like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Bardlebee posted:

So, I know it was mentioned previously. But the Tress.FX (The PC hair graphics), is there a third party mod I need to install for an Nvidia card? I know it was hinted at briefly.. Or is this something I can enable in the game and have it not work as well as an AMD chipped card (i.e. take up more processor power) but still doable. I have a very beefy system, but it is Nvidia and I am quite intrigued by the hair physics.

It should work fine on an Nvidia card. It's just a DX11 effect instead of a proprietary thing like PhysX.

edit:

Here's a comment from one of the guys doing the port.

quote:

Its created by AMD, but its a DirectX 11 feature.. so GOOD DX11 cards should be able to play it, on both sides of the gaming fence.. I have a GTX680 and i run it lovely

• Locked thread