Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DrNutt posted:

If the game fails to communicate that to the average player, much less to someone who makes their living playing and writing about games, then it has failed on a basic level. Look, I'm sure I'll give RE 6 another go at some point, but it's a pretty big letdown following 4 and to a lesser extent 5, and for good reason.

RentCavalier turned into some kind of whackadoo RE6 evangelist all at once, his opinion on the topic is a little too skewed to bother with.

Game reviews, especially for AAA games, have become extremely unreliable lately, but that doesn't mean they're always the opposite of correct no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
They could also not have constant experience counters and bars popping up to congratulate you on ventilating an enemy's skull in between trying to depict the Horrors of Violence. Spec Ops barely got away with that nonsense, it sure won't work a second time.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ShineDog posted:

How does the solarii coming back in the comments even make a shred of sense? Did a bunch of crazies that Lara somehow didn't slaughter follow them off the island?

There were like five million marooned angry muscular men on that island, I can buy it

• Locked thread