Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
gently caress I hated wolf QTEs in Assassins Creed 3 and this game requires me to link 5 loving things together? Wiggle the stick! Now tap the button! Now time the button! Wiggle the stick! Time the button again!

The game looks pretty good to me otherwise but why don't QTEs just loving die. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I feel the death scenes are gratuitous and incongruous with the genre and would feel that way if Lara was a college age guy as well. I really wish there were a way to turn them off a la Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

Also lol: You guys 'getting your panties in a twist' are the actual misogynists.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

So just for the heck of it I decided to try and fire up multiplayer last night but it's completely dead already isn't it.

I tried it and just ended up getting spawn camped by dudes with very accurate and damaging weapons. The closest analog I had to their guns was my bow and arrow which requires a charge up period during which my aim is thrown off by being shot with bullets. I think I killed 1 guy with my bow and 3 guys with my pistol the whole round.

I stopped playing the multiplayer after 1 round.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

I made the same guess in the Steam thread, but I wouldn't be surprised is part of the large expectations Square may have put on Tomb Raider (and Hitman, Sleeping Dogs) was to offset the massive losses they knew they were going to take in other areas. So less "Tomb Raider didn't make back what we spent on it" and more "Tomb Raider didn't make back what we spent on Tomb Raider AND rebuilding Final Fantasy 14."

Yeah, EA recently did this with Dead Space 3 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

"Welp, Medal of Honor: Warfighter was a huge flop (THAT LITERALLY EVERYONE SAW COMING EXCEPT FOR US EXECS WHO DO NOTHING BUT DRAIN MONEY FROM THE COMPANY) so now Dead Space 3 has to sell 5 million or you're failures!"

• Locked thread