Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
It's a nice touch that her bow doesn't float on her back like most third person whatevers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Attention Horse posted:

New video that explains some of the mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZwBZpeBa9o

Still looks great.

Definitely gonna wait for reviews but the game looks really fun.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Azzents posted:

I'm also not liking this new fad of offering bonuses based on preorders. Nowadays it's more often than not a gamble to preorder hyped up games without cajoled with previous titles or free dlc.

Where have you been for the last couple of years?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I can't wait to axe people in the face.

Let me AXE you a question!

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Anyone on the 360 have it yet? Yay or nay?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Do the GPS cache things actually lead you somewhere?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

I am utterly blown away that Crystal Dynamics decided that these Quick Time Events weren't complete abominations of gameplay design. Why is this still acceptable in the industry?

Compared to some other games these QTEs really aren't that bad. The checkpoints are right there if you fail, it's mostly the same button, and they somewhat make sense to what you're doing.

They really beat the hell out of Lara though. Falling down several stories, sliding everywhere, getting punched, etc.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

It's also a video game.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

The MP is odd.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Good game, good end, let's hope for a longer sequel with no multiplayer.

It's not terrible but...eh.

Monolith. fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 12, 2013

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

SurrealityCheck posted:

It's the way it pops up in white text as you do it! It's purely the association, because it turns killing dudes into a rote xp maximisation problem. I headshotted everybody in order to maximise xp revenue because I am a numberslave. I never used the shotgun because it returns less xp because getting consistent headshots with it is a waste of time.

The curse of the white text popup...

You'll probably stop having fun if you turn the game into a meter filling and number growing simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Does XP/Salvage scale with a higher difficulty?

• Locked thread