Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
This is the first interesting Tomb Raider game since... well...

This is the first interesting Tomb Raider game. Looks like a very nice mix of Arkham Asylum, Far Cry 3 and Uncharted. Still not sure how the gameplay works exactly (lack of videos is kinda worrying), but the Monastery Escape Walkthrough is very cool. I'm surprised that this reboot is so brutal, I'm pretty sure I just saw Lara die by a huge branch puncturing her chin and brain :stare:.

edit: Yup, that's it. That's some Dead Space poo poo right there.
VVVVVVVVV

Attention Horse fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

New video that explains some of the mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZwBZpeBa9o

Still looks great.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

drat, I expected the reviews to be good/mediocre, but not THAT good. Can't wait to raid some tombs.

...are there actually tombs in this game?

edit: the reviews came out really early - the game comes out next week but there's already a ton of reviews online.

Attention Horse fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 25, 2013

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

PonchAxis posted:

But honestly I don't even know what game this is. Is this an open world Metroid-like game I keep hearing about or is it an uncharted? I seriously don't know.

Batman Arkham + Uncharted + Far Cry 3

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

DrNutt posted:

I think I'll be unlocking via Aussie VPN tonight.

Do you know any good, reliable and easy to use Australian VPNs? My game is finishing preloading right now, and I'm really hyped so there's no way I'm waiting for the official release.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

VPN'd it open. Korean FlyVPN worked flawlessly.

What the hell is "Exclusive Fullscreen" and "High precision"?

edit: Hahaha, holy poo poo, TresFX looks terrible.

Attention Horse fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 4, 2013

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

sebmojo posted:

More generally, how demanding is it graphically? I have a GTX460 1gig, 4 gig RAM and a Phenom ii x3 720, which is somewhere between the minimum and recommended settings. Does it scale nicely?

I have a 560Ti, 8 gig ram, i5 2320 and with these settings:

benchmark performed pretty nicely - 40 fps on average.

I'll tell you more in a sec, right now I'm downloading the English language pack, because the Polish version is terrible.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Chinaman7000 posted:

This game has the worst subtitle formatting.

I've just launched the game and holy poo poo :psyduck:, what were they thinking?!

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Played it for 2 hours. Really cool game with a shitload of collectables. There is a lot of optional things to find - artifacts, documents, journals, chests with salvage, chests with xp etc. It really is Uncharted + Arkham Asylum. Performance on PC is all over the place. Sometimes I get 60 fps, but when I position the camera in a specific direction it drops to 30. I think there are some performance problems with depth of field, not sure.

edit: Play on Hard, Normal is way too easy.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh my god the combat dialogue gets even better.

"What the gently caress, she has a machinegun! :stonk:"

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Small patch just came out

Patch Log posted:

We have just made public a new version of the PC version of Tomb Raider, build 1.0.718.4. This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

This update addresses a variety of issues that we either found out about shortly before release or immediately after.

Fixes include:

- Addressed some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware.
- Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.
- Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.
- Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering.
- Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode.
- Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen.
- Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion.
- Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.
- Various other small fixes.

Attention Horse fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Mar 9, 2013

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Just finished it. 100%, 15 hours. Fantastic game, my favourite in 2013 so far. Great mix between Arkham Asylum, Uncharted and Resident Evil. I already can't wait for the inevitable sequel taking place on Roanoke Island. I hope that the sales are good, cause I want this series to continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Is there more than one finisher animation?

Yes, you unlock them by buying new skills. They're pretty awesome.

• Locked thread