Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Evil Mastermind posted:

Speaking of bundle deals (well, I was, anyway), in about 13 hours from now the Bundle of Holding +2 will launch. I don't know what's going to be in it, but Fred Hicks of Evil Hat hinted that he'll have something in there.

e: It looks like they're doing the "pay above the average and get bonus stuff" thing too.

Here's the lineup:

Kagematsu (Danielle Lewon)
Grey Ranks (by Fiasco designer Jason Morningstar)
Shooting the Moon (Emily Care Boss)
A Penny for My Thoughts (Paul Tevis)
Hollowpoint (Brad Murray and C. W. Marshall) - Beat-the-Average Bonus
Monsterhearts (Joe Mcdaldno) - Beat-the-Average Bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lord Frisk posted:

got any experience with these?

Dread is amazing. My roommate ran a game for us last halloween, and another friend is doing one this year. It sounds hokey, but the Jenga tower really does make things tense, as you can get away with crazy multi-pull-worthy moves early in the game, but you're scared to do something as dangerous as running from one room to another later on.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I've not had a chance to play it, but I've got Outbreak Undead. The main draw is that the creators intend you to actually stat up yourself as a character so you can see how you and your friends would fare in a zombie outbreak.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

My question with that is how that's different from other zombie games? I should point out that I have never played or read a zombie trpg.

Well, I would assume in other games you're free to stat up a party full of military badasses or something.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, the books suggest rotating out who's playing the Doctor, possibly even with the in-universe mechanic of Regeneration, if you didn't want to just handwave it at the beginning of each adventure. There's even a sidebar about running it with the Doctor as an NPC and the players having to bail him out of trouble, and every adventure is a Doctor-Lite episode.

EDIT: But yeah, the bundle is worth it for the #th Doctor sourcebooks alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Three recent games from Amabel Holland are on flash sale at Hollandspiele to celebrate her birthday

https://twitter.com/amabelholland/status/1541987849905520641?s=21&t=1DLPJl8k1rIQVUo3QKDN7g

Eyelet in particular is a lot of fun