Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Big `ol Itch.io creator sale on today.

You can, for example, get both LIFTS 1 & 2 for 15% on for the next 10 or so hours.

Korvidae Games Buy This and Get Stronger Sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

JMBosch posted:

You can get my cosmic body horror one-shot, with all the rules included, for 25% off today: https://atypicalfaux.itch.io/the-pried-eye. And if you join my mailing list here, you'll get future beta drafts and art-less versions of my releases for free and be entered into free boardgame giveaways!

Bold of you to lower your price. Should do what I did and raise it! Also $4 is way too cheap for a full-colour zine. Raise that price, friend.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

JMBosch posted:

Thanks for the tip. I was considering it. But even at that price, sales ain't great. I was hoping that undercutting other one-shots built on the same system (most being much less polished) would make my book more appealing, but I don't know if that's working. I'll probably raise it a bit when I release my second book...

Nah. You're actually falling into the number one fallacy of trying to sell your ttrpg projects. It's not that people aren't buying because your prices are too high, they're not buying because you're not getting enough eyes on your stuff.

Typical conversation rates are in the 0.5-3% range, so it's a question of how many people you can get to visit the itch page, not a question of how much your pdf costs (within reason, obviously, but the zone looks gorgeous and it's not percieved lack of value that's holding you back).

Edit: as a proof point, I literally doubled my LIFTS zine prices on dtrpg this month, and have earned the second highest month of revenue I've ever had because I'm sending more people to look at them.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
The hard work of ttrpgs isn't the writing, it's building an audience and selling.