Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

moths posted:

I just need the core book and I've got everything I need to play, right?

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SJGames has to clear out space in their warehouse for Ogre, so they're selling 5 random 3rd edition GURPS books for 20 bucks: http://warehouse23.com/item.html?id=BOOK2013

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's for buying books off https://www.lulu.com which is notoriously expensive.

I'd recommend Darker Dungeons or Grey Ranks or A Dirty World.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 23, 2013

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I really like RQ 6th, but I don't have any experience with any of the other books in the bundle.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Don't let it being an old traveller edition stop you, it's still good for the only thing Traveller is good for: rolling up way too detailed planetary systems to play in a different system.

It is REALLY GOOD at getting you super detailed planets and economies.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

clockworkjoe posted:

There's a ton of One Roll Engine RPGs on sale at Arcdream.com right now - for $5 you can get Monsters and Other Childish Things, Reign, and a ton of supplements for Wild Talents, Godlike, and more! http://arcdream.com/home/2014/11/one-roll-engine-cyber-monday-sale-save-these-books-from-doom/

BUY PROGENITOR

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Everyone should get that Pendragon bundle just to read the incredible piece of work that is the Great Pendragon Campaign.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I spent hours upon hours reading Champions books as a young'n, so I can't really talk poo poo about it. I don't think I'd go back to the HERO system, though, and I love GURPS more than anything.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

minidracula posted:

Yeah, funny you mention it, since after looking at the Humble bundle, I checked out what was new on BoH and saw Hillfolk there.

I know nothing about it and was about to ask here; can anyone enlighten me?

HIllfolk and Blood on the Snow are the two core Dramasystem books, which give you the Dramasystem rules and a shitload of settings to use those rules in.

Dramasystem is a ruleset that focuses on dramatic storytelling and doesn't involve a ton of dice rolling. This sums it up pretty well.

quote:

A majority of the scenes in DramaSystem are expected to be, well, dramatic, with characters pushing and pulling on each others’ motivations. Each scene is set by a player in turn, with their character trying to get something from another. If the petition is granted, the player whose character yielded gets a Drama token; if the petition is refused, the one who was turned down gets the Drama token. In other words, you either get what you want or get a Drama token as consolation prize. Drama tokens can be used to force concessions later, to crash a scene where your character was not invited or, on the contrary, to avoid a scene you are called to, and so forth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Is this Pendragon RPG bundle worth getting? I heard the campaign is fantastic, but haven't heard anything about the new edition.

Pendragon owns owns owns