Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

The Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion was just released for free in a 0.9 version. Reading between the lines, it looks like Chaosium has been a bit slow about some of the paperwork so the editor decided to let the almost complete version into the world. 550 pages or so. This is pretty amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Speaking of Lovecraft, the Bundle of Holding +5 is up. Your goodies this time are three novels: Caller Unknown by Jennifer Brozek, Loremaster Legacy by Terry Amthor, and Sword of the Ronin by Travis Heerman. Can't speak to those, I got it for the non-fiction:

Playing at the World, by Jon Peterson, which is a fantastic look at the history of D&D
Tour de Lovecraft: The Tales, by Ken Hite, duh
Never Unprepared, by Phil Vecchione, which is supposed to be a decent look at prepping for tabletop games

Definitely worth it for Playing at the World and Tour de Lovecraft alone.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

That's a pretty good bundle but man. The Quick Primer for Old School Gaming is a document that launched a thousand edition wars. It's so snotty.

Sword and Wizardry you can get for free. ACKS is a very good expression of the old school rules. Vornheim is an excellent city supplement. I think it's a good deal, although I kinda wish some of the opinionated grognard crap wasn't there. But that's a very personal opinion.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

The Hillfolk Bundle also gets you dozens of four to six page settings, which are totally mechanics-independent -- if you're on the fence I'd recommend it for that reason.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

DriveThru Cyber Monday deep deals:

The One Ring
Rangers of Shadow Deep (tabletop miniatures)
Codex of the Black Sun (sorcery for SWN)
Creature Codex (Kobold Press monster book)
Tiny Dungeon 2nd
Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

We don't do every single Bundle of Holding but since The One Ring is about to go out of print forever it's worth noting that Bundle of Holding has two bundles up containing most of the current line. Also comes with a coupon for a discount on the print books.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Cassa posted:

That's a lot of things. Anything in particular to recommend?

The vast majority of those are a single zombie adventure path (War of the Dead). It's got a novel starting situation -- you're on a cruise ship -- but tends towards the railroady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Some of the good games in these bundles are:
Doctors Without Borders: Night's Black Agents, Sig, MASHED,Dream Askew/Dream Apart, LIFTS. $20 is a steal for NBA alone.

World Food Programme: Godless, Ninja Burger (well, I like it), House of Cards, Spire, and RuneQuest. Again, Spire is worth it at the bundle price.

No Kid Hungry: Harn World, FantasyCraft, Stark City Superhero setting.

The DWB bundle also has Malandros, which is an awesome little game about Rio de Janeiro at the end of the 19th century. That's a great deal right there.