Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Is Feng Shui 2 good? It looks ridiculous and might be the curveball my group needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I can't speak for the digital version, but Scythe the game is pretty complex and has a lot of different paths to victory. It's a really fun game that you can sink some time into, has good expansions, and a really great aesthetic/world.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

JMBosch posted:

Sure! [BXLLET> bills itself as "a game about systems of violence and power in a world rebuilding itself." Each player is a nomadic gunslinger type that seems to be nearing the end of their story in a new/weird west setting. The world is a mix of "The Wastes," populated with dangerous Beasts of various sorts, towns and communities trying to rebuild and grow, and remnants of labs, machines, and tech from the before-times. One of the few named antagonist NPCs in the base game is simply "Capitalist."

What makes the game particularly interesting is the main gunfight mechanics: If you have a loaded gun, point it at someone, and pull the trigger, they die. No ifs, ands, or buts. But bullets are fairly rare (each PC only starts with 1), and they also act as your experience/resource for your special abilities. Each character class has a secondary thing they can do by firing a bullet besides killing, like "bring a corpse back as a mindless husk" or "make a Beast of the Wastes vulnerable." (Beasts are much tougher than people and aren't automatically killed with a bullet.) Each class also gets a new ability as long as they hold 2, 5, 10, or 20 bullets on them. Trying to hurt someone without a bullet is easy, but trying to kill them without one is hard.

This instant lethality that hangs over the game makes a lot of interactions count for a lot more than they would in other games, and everyone can easily, and rightly, become concerned more with what the consequences or aftermath of killing someone will be rather than "how do we take this person down?" With a bullet, killing is easy, but it can make you incredibly vulnerable and completely alter your relationship with everyone around. It pushes the main consideration of combat to be "do I really want to do this?" in a way that's very fitting for a post-western game.

My supplement is ⁍⁍⁍⁍⁍TXN SOULS⁌⁌⁌⁌⁌, a collection of 10 NPC types written in the structure of the NPCs in the original game. NPCs have a paragraph of description and a series of qualities that you can choose to round them out. Each quality you add gives them more bullets, both making them more dangerous and painting a bigger target on their back for PCs looking to collect bullets. My NPCs are generic enough to be used in any western-themed game that has some more advanced tech sprinkled around but unique enough to be memorable and reusable with different quality choices.

The other supplements add tons of new classes, NPCs, communities, factions, a psychic powers system, and more.

Thank you SO much for this description. I had never head of [BXLLET> before, and I just grabbed the bundle after reading this and looking through some of the supplements. This might be a breath of fresh air that my Pathfinder-obsessed group desperately needs.