Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lord Frisk posted:

[*] Labyrinth Lord - Another old school Hack and Slash, available in .zip format.

Note: Labyrinth Lord is a retroclone of the Basic/Expert ("B/X") version of D&D by Tom Moldvay. It's worth mentioning that they also have "Mutant Future," a retroclone of Gamma World--not of any particular edition, but slightly modified so that it plays well with Labyrinth Lord stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The thing that bugged me about ToC and The Esoterrorists is that they figured out some people want a bit of mechanical complexity and tactics for stuff like combat, but they added those things to Gumshoe in the form of a lot of patchy, fiddly, inelegant bits, like "If your Athletics is above X the TN to hit you is 1 higher." I understand that NBA takes that stuff and really smooths it out, design-wise, so it's a useful adjunct to ToC even if you're not looking to do the obvious (like Delta Green with Gumshoe rules).

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Spincut posted:

According to the Bundle of Holding newsletter, the next bundle after Unknown Armies is a collection of "...many of the groundbreaking indie games that revolutionized the tabletop roleplaying field in the late 1990s and the first few years of this millennium."
Big Eyes Small Mouth, SenZar, Immortal, Imagine, Deathstalkers, Dawnfire, Ironclaw, and the Slayer's Guide to Amazons!