Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
While I really liked Torments plot and such (Planescape is fun, and they used it fairly well), I found the actual gameplay of it to be worse then similar games at the time like the Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale games.

Also I'm pretty sure I know 10 years olds that are better at math then Monte Cooke considering his design uh, choices in some of the games he made, although like mentioned earlier, he does think up some pretty cool poo poo some times so I guess the fact that he's involved at all is pretty much a wash.

So I guess while I'd like for the game to be good I don't care enough to throw any money at the Kickstarter is what this amounts to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Adraeus posted:

You guys are weird.

Colin McComb and Monte Cook were the lead designers on Planescape at TSR after the creator David Cook left the project. That's the original Planescape, on which Black Isle's Planescape: Torment is based. McComb was a designer on Planescape: Torment at Black Isle, too.

FYI: http://colinmccomb.com/?p=157

Planescape was really neat and awesome fluff wise, but rules wise it was pretty much horseshit that everyone horseruled out and just used the cool scenarios (from my experience). Which is par for the course for ol' Monty as I stated earlier.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

So basically this is the Planescape/ Mask of the Betrayer creative team, minus Chris Avellone.

I'm pretty drat happy about that :)

Wait this has the Mask of the Betrayer creative team on it? As in the guys who made the only good official Neverwinter Nights(2 in this case) expansion pack and it was epic level at that?

If that's true then I may even drop some money on this.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I don't know, the only thing that really makes 4e more accessible then other versions are it's online character builder, without that it's probably the most complex game to create a character in then any other edition. It's definitely the most complex game to actually play in since it plays like an actual strategy war game (I say this as a good thing but it doesn't make it less complex).

I'm actually more interested in Numera now that I hear it's going for a simpler more storygamey approach instead of just another D&D thing. Then again I feel like Dungeon World already does that pretty well, so not sure what Numera is going to try to do to compete?

• Locked thread