Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Oh neat, a new PR thread. I always enjoy these.

Samurai was terrible, Super Samurai was terrible, Megaforce is just godawful, and it makes me sad to think about what they're going to turn Gokaiger into :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Austin St John is where it's at.

Dude is like a forreal firefighter now.

That's what a loving Power Ranger does.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The clamps have been gone for a while.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Captain Marvelous that ain't.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Just so everyone's clear on how much cooler the real mccoy is,

Motherfucker puts two in the stink.

Bonus:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciates this photo.

Where does one manage to gather all of these people not in the same building, but in the same spot, such as to take a photo with them?

Because that rules.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

You're thinking of Gaoranger white I believe.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Kyoryuger suits are loving weird

Especially the bad dude in the upper right.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Tae posted:

Samurai was poo poo as well. The quality of acting is relative to whatever college drop-out theater major they could find.

Nah, they're being directed to act poorly. Don't blame the actors :(

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

That shot of all the rangers at the end was just American rangers. What a bummer. Was really looking forward to Battle Fever J being somehow worked into the American show.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

RPM is easily the best season, and SPD is up there with Time Force. You're missing out.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

All the rangers that preceded you

Like Time Force and SPD

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Samurai and Megaforce and now Super Megaforce just really make me sad.

I grew up with Power Rangers and it was always something I could come back to and watch the newest series and it was a dumb and hokey kids show but hey maybe it'd be cool, too, and then they manage to take something as awesome as Gokaiger and turn it into that :smith:

e: Even dumb poo poo like the Pirate Suits being upgrades, and they'll likely never talk about why they're suddenly pirates. THOSE PIRATE SUITS ARE TOO COOL AND DESERVE BETTER.

Sockser fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 9, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I'm a serious sucker for floppy drive music :shobon:

It's a project I've wanted to tackle for a while, but all my parts are at my parents house and I never feel like boxing them up and bringing them to my place. Someday.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Wait wait wait wait wait

So they hack Gokaiger to pieces so they don't have to explain all the non-US stuff and then go ahead and use Dairanger anyways?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I've watched this like five times and I just keep getting more and more pissed off.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Lost Galaxy and Lightspeed Rescue had a weird pairing. Like, their songs went together really well and didn't really connect with the songs from the shows before and after them. Watching that dude's medley, too, you can really see a drop off in song quality after Disney got in on it. The Ninja Storm song is good, but after that it's just somehow even more bargain basement than Aaron Waters, the poorly-paid Saban intern whose rough draft track became the actual theme song to MMPR.

Uh, a drop in quality? Sir,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFu2EIj5b20

:colbert:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

Speaking of Turboranger, anyone know why the Titanium Ranger was based on the Turboranger suits in stead of GoGo V?

I'd assume to set him apart from the other Lightspeed rangers other than just 'being grey'

And it worked pretty well!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

So, there's something called Morphin Madness going on where you vote for one of two rangers for sweepstakes entries and coupons for deals on Power Rangers merch.

Only a couple tough choices in the bunch. Zeo 5 VS MMPR Red, for one. I may have lost my PR fan card for voting Doggie Kruger over MMPR White though. :( Sorry, JDF. He's a dog.

Don't make me choose between Quantum and RPM Gold :qq:

e:
also, MMPR Blue is 'hot' but only because he's against loving Megaforce Blue. These are bad brackets.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Here's hoping Battle Fever J shows up.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo Dino Thunder Red v Titanium Ranger, Red is losing by three votes. That's a tight one.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I kinda made sense for Dairanger / Kakuranger, as Power Rangers was a new venture and, hey, who the gently caress knows?

But nowadays? Why loving bother?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Tae posted:

What's really silly is that I realized I would enjoy Megaforce more if they just replaced the soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU9zTUruqxk

The real soundtrack is beyond generic and they crudely silence it to fit in their extra quips.

Watching this reminder me of another thing I dislike about Super Mega, but I guess I understand.

I thought it was real badass that Gokaiger didn't have blasters, they just straight up had flintlock pistols that made a boom sound, and then Super Megaforce they just pewpewpew.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo, not a single Tommy is going to make it past this round.

They're all losing by ~10% each.

Didn't see that one coming at all. Especially loving Trent beating Green MMPR. That one's way out of left field.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

These are really nice looking figures, does anyone know what they are so I can go buy them?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

As I get older, I notice more and more how silly the molded mouths on the Zyuranger helmets look.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I actually really like Battle Japan's helmet. I have no idea how it represents Japan, but I think it's an interesting design.

On one hand,

It's sort of reminiscent of Kikaider's goofy head,

on the other I guess it's kinda like a sun and land of the rising sun and whatnot?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah the quality of a PR season is pretty much inversely related to the quality of the sentai series.

RPM, man. loving RPM. And I never watched Timeranger but that one's pretty bad, too, right?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Solaris Knight posted:

On /m/ recently, In Power Rangers General, I stumbled upon a behind the scenes post explaining the writing conflict between Jon Tzachor and Judd Lynn between Turbo and Time Force

http://deriksmith.livejournal.com/4099.html

Basically, the only reason these seasons weren't like Samurai and Megaforce was because there was compromises in writing.

And then he came back to be executive producer for RPM, which was amazing.

And he's on-board for Dino Charge, so I'm more optimistic than I was previously.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, Zedd basically looks like Lord High Lord of Pushing Your poo poo In

Except in the movie where he has like... BDSM gear instead of the sweet skeleton

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

No matter what, any Power Rangers movie has to start with skydiving, with one dude skydiving with a snowboard for some reason.

It's the law.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Morby posted:

Ok, so I am kind of new to Power Rangers. I loved Mighty Morphin back in the day, but stopped watching it until fairly recently. My girlfriend got me to watch Super Megaforce and I liked it ok, but then she had me watch Gokaiger and now I'm hooked back in. Since then, I've watched Jungle Fury and Mystic Force (which I really liked), Goseiger, Magiranger, and a little bit of Megaforce. I've got Dekaranger, Boukenger, and Gekiranger to try next.

Do you guys prefer to watch the Sentai before the Power Rangers series or vice versa? Or do you just entirely skip one? I watched Magiranger after Mystic Force and found them both really enjoyable and the things that made them different made them both great in their own ways. I apologize if this is something that has been debated to death and I can edit my post accordingly.

I would highly suggest you put Power Rangers RPM next on your watch list. In Space and Time Force are also amazing and I liked SPD a lot.

As far as sentai goes, I like Shinkenger and Gokaiger the best, probably.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

So, being the huge dork I am I gathered up all my random PR weapons and created this:

Bullshit.

That's the Sword of Thundara. You get out of here.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Legacy Motherfucking Titanus

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=33930666&cp=&parentPage=search

Oh, it's $200. Nevermind, then.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Astro Nut posted:

And before I go and watch that, a reminder to set your expectations low for this series:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152347929851687

Jeeeeeeeeeeesus it's like everytime I watch this series it's worse than the last time.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Kristin Stewart was good in Adventureland :colbert:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

greatn posted:

I also didn't include various sixth rangers in this list like Silver, Mercury, Titanium, Gold etc unless they were specifically the "X color" ranger. Though that seems to be mostly white, with a dog in there.

And a half-feline alien :colbert:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Morby posted:

Reminds me of Mystic Force when they included the Sentai footage of Rita's actress. Udonna literally says in the span of 3 minutes "Yeah, Rita was an evil sorceress who works for the powers of good and she is the source of our powers so anyway, we need to go talk to her".

They also didn't bother to put any effort into making the dialogue match her mouth like they did in MMPR.

Ahahaha christ, I really didn't like Mystic Force and I completely missed this poo poo. Goddamn I need to find this now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Just have these dudes fill in for MMPR and it'll all work itself out