Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

SpazmasterX posted:

He'll probably post more. Didn't they just start filming the cameo roles today?

I wonder what's up with all those people with strange hoods in the back. The red Operation Overdrive guy looks... old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

MisterBibs posted:

Reading this thread has got me into a Power Rangers kick.

That said, I found this old article that I remember reading before, discussing some of the behind the scenes events concerning Turbo through Time Force. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it's still interesting.

Man Versus Sentai

That's a very interesting read, but... calling Turbo the best season? Really? :psyduck:

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

LividLiquid posted:

That confused me as a kid. In what way were they morphing if they were just spandex costumes with latched-on helmets?

Important distinction: they're not morphing, they're morphin. :eng101:

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
I still have fond memories of the Power Rangers in Space finale, mainly for the Spartacus scene with Bulk and Skull. It was great seeing those characters who used to be antagonistic clowns now basically sacrifice themselves to save the Power Rangers and the world. Of course, then the Rangers swoop in to make it all moot, but the heroic gesture perfectly caps off their character arc and gets the final battle started on a high note. It illustrates how, in the few years they've been around, the Rangers have had a positive impact on the people around them outside of just rescuing them from giant monsters.