Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oof. I stood there looking at Time Force Pink vs Mystic Force Green for like 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, that's who I wound up going for, but Plan Xander almost worked.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If it was anyone but Xander (or Tommy, or Bridge, but Xander eked out Bridge last round), it'd likely be a landslide.

I'm frankly surprised that Xander beat Bridge. Bridge would've made the choice even tougher.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I think it'll be

Jason/Tommy
Tommy
Wolf or Titanium
Super Mega Red or Samurai
I think that Time Force Pink or MM Yellow have a chance, honestly.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Pretty sure they set the bracket this way to have as few Tommies as possible in the finals. (While still having the chance for 2 Tommies)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm watching Jungle Fury now and Wolf and Red are awesome. Just saw Rhino's intro episode so I can't comment on him either way

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I just love the theme song because it's so cheesy in the best way.

Actual lyrics from the Jungle Fury theme posted:

Dai Shi (GO AWAY!)
We're Here to (SAVE THE DAY!)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I wasn't expecting to really like Jungle Fury, but I have been. Excluding RJ (for obvious reasons of him being the clear best), I'm surprised that my favorite character is Camille.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Xelkelvos posted:

the first Jason/Tommy match has started and it's Zeo Gold vs. the White Ranger.

MMPR Red beat Zeo Red back in the first round.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Zeo Gold was Jason. Also an alien named Trey but mostly Jason.

Also the final rounds are going to be tough for some of these, and really easy for the rest.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Maybe a lot of people watched Jungle Fury and thus have an appropriate level of appreciation for RJ.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
One of them is a stoner. I think that makes the choice easier.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
They have a neat picture for it too.

Still haven't announced the sweepstakes winners so keep an eye out for that.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Wolf Warrior.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Basically, how my friend summed it up to me, Power Rangers is at its best when it's trying to be serious, while Sentai is at its best when trying to be goofy.

E: Or is that wrong? I only watched the sentai versions of the series I actually liked.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SpazmasterX posted:

• Jungle Fury. Never heard of it. Does this actually exist? I think this is some elaborate prank.

If you can't appreciate The Purple Stoner Ranger you should probably watch another series.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
There's a reason I will defend Jungle Fury. It's the Stoner Ranger.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

toanoradian posted:

From trawling through a Ranger Wiki, I found that apparently RPM happened in an alternate universe?

It was supposed to be the finale of the franchise, until Haim Saban resurrected the series. It works well as an after-the-end type scenario, but not so much as a scenario that continues on to the next year.

Also that's neat about the two of them.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Cernunnos posted:

That dude was whiter than Christmas morning. You can't fool me Saban.

Haven't you ever heard the legend of The Great White Samurai?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Rewatching Power Rangers RPM, and I forgot how much fun it was to watch. My favorite episode is And... Action, the behind the scenes episode.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

greatn posted:

"Birdie got kidnapped, so Doggie who was Birdie went off to look for him, so now Sky is Birdie which was Doggie, Bridge is Doggie which was Sky, and I'm Red."

I choose to believe this happened.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Twelve by Pies posted:

If Tommy's the Green Ranger in that scene then who's the Black Dino Thunder Ranger?

The actor from the sentai.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I liked Jungle Fury quite a bit as well. RJ's probably my favorite non-Zordon Mentor, and non-Tommy sixth. I liked Casey's story arc, too, and the concept of the Spirit Rangers.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Zedd posted:

So I started with Jungle Fury: Stoner Werewolf mentor is the best.

Stoner Ranger is the best Ranger.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Testekill posted:

Neat fact about Jungle Fury. RJ is the mocap and voice guy for Vergil in Devil May Cry 2013.

He's taking over from Eric from Time Force, so Vergil's just a massive Power Rangers fanboy it seems.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
SPD Red's a main cast member of Graceland.
Jungle Fury Violet is the voice of Vergil in the new DmC, following in Eric's footsteps from DMC3.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

JT Smiley posted:

I never really understood the capture card thing. Power Rangers have been blowing up monsters for over ten years at that point. It would make more sense in Dekaranger where the monsters were just alien criminals, but the majority of SPD's MOTW were just drawings brought to life.

There's the :can: of Police Brutality, even with the fantasy backdrop.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I liked the RPM review, but And Action is still probably one of my favorite Power Rangers episodes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Astro Nut posted:

It really is kinda stupidly incredible;' whilst I thought some other episodes of Megaforce were alright, Jason Smith's work basically shows the sheer difference what someone who knew about the show(s) being honoured, and had good motivation (in his case, the fact it was his own drat series) to ensure they were being honoured properly, could have made for Megaforce as a whole.

Jungle Fury has risen in the past few years to be my favorite season of the Disney Era, and really close to my favorite in general.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'll say it: I didn't mind the sunglasses. I felt they made sense because they wouldn't stand out nearly as much as the Sentai Morphers.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
One of the reasons I like Jungle Fury is because it's as much about Jarrod's growth as a character as it is about Casey/Theo/Lily.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also RJ is the best* mentor.

*Non-Zordon.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Testekill posted:

RJ is also Vergil in DMC. Shame he wasn't in a better game though

Specifically DmC: Devil May Cry. The Reboot. Eric from Time Force was Vergil in the original.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
She was probably my favorite part of Super Samurai. At least in that one, she wasn't bad at her job so much as overly specialized in the technique that beat the villain in the past, which he has since developed a counter for.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like them. :shrug:

My only issue is that Black should have a white border around his visor or something.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Cernunnos posted:

I saw the boob armor and rolled my eyes but I didn't even notice the loving platform heels. WTF. :doh:

:same:

I retract that I only had one issue.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vVVo1tQOz8

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Power rangers sorter asks the hard questions.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I wound up giving them a tie. End result was about what I expected:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm probably gonna watch this. I enjoyed the expendables so I'll enjoy this spinoff: the expendables: may the power protect you.