Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Can you ask him how much on average a single episode cost to make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

JT Smiley posted:

Just got this in the mail:

Where did you get it and can I get other rangers?!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Maxwell Lord posted:

The only thing they don't seem to have are the theatrical movies (no big loss there.)

When the show was first on I really looked down on it, but stuff like Linkara's videos have helped me appreciate how it fits into the sentai tradition and how they actually went into some fairly involved storytelling for a show aimed mainly at 9 year olds. (Even if the end object of most stories was "introduce new toys".) I've since rewatched a few episodes on Netflix.

Honestly the best part of the whole thing is the arc of Bulk and Skull. They're introduced as bullies and as total losers (since it wouldn't be Power Rangers if the bullies ever won, obviously.) But as early as the second season they're made more sympathetic and "Ninja Quest" has the great story with them joining the police, which ends with the Rangers cheering them on. :3: The producers seemed to recognize early on how funny the actors were and just ran with it.

If you haven't ever watched one, you should watch one of the Paul Schrier/Jason Narvy Powermorhicon panels. It eventually got to the point where the scripts would just say "bulk and skull do something funny" and that would be the only direction they would be given.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVKLYYYe23w Ooh, I found the one I was looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUMJ_B3Ylog

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
The Legacy Collection price just got announced and ouch it's 650 bucks. I was going to snag a set but that price is way higher than I'd thought it be.

http://www.powerrangerslegacycollec...6d03fa-88581541

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I enjoy the fact that none of the post revival rangers are winning any of their match ups. Also all of the MMPR's are winning their matchups except the black ranger because he's up against JDF in Dino Thunder black and it's bullshit cause he's in there 3 different times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Neo Helbeast, your custom title confuses me. What unfortunate goon thought DinoTanker was worthy enough of mockery to put it as your avatar?

I made that for myself and then someone gave me a red text title and they left the .gif there for some reason. I haven't decided what my next one will be yet.