Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010
The cast is better than Samurai by far. The only person that's been terrible is that Austin St. John imitation from Season 2 Troy.

The pacing is bad though. Gosei's been reduced to nothing more than "Oh, by the way, here's some Zords." Even the comic relief has had more airtime. The villains are also pretty generic and brooding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Agent Rush posted:

I can't stop laughing at how Troy is more robotic than the actual robot. :roflolmao:

Hell, he's the most robotic Red Ranger ever. Move over, Mack.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Andrew_1985 posted:

So after watching the first 2 episodes of the new Dino Charge season, I have gotta say I already love Hekyl.

Snide's a generic baddy, but Hekyl is just having so much fun that he steals the show.

Also this week was basically "Does this rag smell like chloroform?" in kids' form. Kinda sadistic.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

jivjov posted:

Ordinarily I'd agree...but that teaser shows them becoming full on superman strong. Billy takes a head butt without even rocking back, and the assailant knocks himself out.

Ask me when he takes a laser shot.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Larryb posted:

So rather then being created from objects the monsters this time are just contestants on the game show, that makes sense and I don't really have a problem with that.

I love the Robot Devil guy that hosts the show.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Tae posted:

Here's notes about Lightspeed:

Carter will shoot first. If shooting first does not work, he will shoot more.

Carter shot a tornado?!?!?!

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

:laffo:

I have no interest in PR shows that pretend to be serious or whatever. The series is at its best when it plays to its inherent strengths as a weird, schlocky mishmash of sentai footage and not some overly serious gripping drama like strange "adult" fans think it should be.

There are times when the serious approach works (In Space, Time Force) but most of the time they don't work.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Alright, this one I remember being my favorite Ninja Storm episode.

Lothor engaging in fisticuffs is great.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

No, that's pretty clearly Samurai and Megaforce.

OO is pretty garbage too. It might have the most unlikable group of Rangers ever.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

"Craptacular!" posted:

Ransik dies offscreen (I think?)

Nope, he's still alive and not mutant anymore

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Zedd posted:

Samurai Sentai Rangers Shinkenger seems a really blatant 1:1 adaptation.

I'm surprised we never found out that Jonathan Tzachor got kicked out of school for plagiarism.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Torchlighter posted:

I've got a friend with the perfect storm of bad Power Rangers Opinions. He thinks Carter sucks because he took on giant monsters without a Megazord, arguing that a Red Ranger shouldn't be that headstrong or aggressive.

Mind you, he also thinks that after in Space, they should have done straight adaptations of the Sentai, and that Jungle Fury and RPM were bad, so at this point, he's just wrong about Power Rangers.

Are you friends with Jonathan Tzachor?

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010
"What are tears?"
"Go ask Emma, I don't know anything about human emotion."

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010
Rita looks like Gilbert Gottfried in drag.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010
The Zord fight in Family Fusion was Saban as hell. Three different instrumentals and none of them were Ninja Steel. The Dino Charge one was the worst offender.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Potsticker posted:

The show was absolutely popular before the Green Ranger, but it did propel the show into the stratosphere for sure.

It was a month and change between the debut and that

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Looking forward to Power Rangers: Fury Road.

Power Rangers: The Fast and The Furious (but mostly just Furious)

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

Today on Power Rangers, Divatox executes the most successful "make evil Ranger clones" plan yet.

Nah, I'd say that guy in season 2 that cut Tommy's hair

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Al Borland Corpse posted:

You have no idea how badly I needed this today

You didn't need this at all today!

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

Whoever thought that Alpha 5 voice was a good idea needs to be shot.

I keep on thinking Rosie Perez

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

I always assumed that as a kid ,but there's a few instances of people entering and exiting through the head.

Long live Empress Rita!

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

has actors that are, AJJ aside, better than the main cast on PR,

I'd add Walter Jones and JYB to that

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010
And as always, Elgar rules.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

leading up to Power Rangers Star Boys on March 10th.

Space Force

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Yapping Eevee posted:

Turbo may have had a bad stretch a little ways in where detonator stopped being a word, but I think overall it's actually been a pretty strong season. Certainly not deserving of some of the flak I've heard people give it. (Disclaimer: This is coming from someone whose only exposure to the franchise is Liz's videos.)

It's probably a good thing they decided to replace the cast, the first half of Turbo reminds me of an aging sports team with bad superstars, then at the second half, they trade all the dead weight and bring up the youngsters from the farm.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Sockser posted:

It's great how PRiS just immediately gets rid of everything that sucks

Divatox and her lame crew- gone
Justin- gone
Alpha 6- managed
TJ as a not very good leader- demoted to blue
Carlos- Carlos

Dimitria - Does anyone know where she went? Does anyone care?

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Sockser posted:

Speaking of Tommies, here’s a dude I saw at NYCC today

He is all of the tommies.

Is that a Dragon Dagger in your pants or are you happy to see me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

Really not a fan of that design, and I'm saying this as someone who made my own TMNT/MMPR mashup figure :

Zedder? Lord Shred?