Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Also TV-Nihon subs will often not have the note telling you what the Japanese means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
There are definitely Gosei Knight toys in stores already. I can't find the MMPR morpher anywhere though. :negative:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

You can pre-order them on the website for when they come out in May.

The TRU website?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Agent Rush posted:

It can't be too much worse than OOO, anyway.

You take that back! OOO was great!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Agent Rush posted:

I said OO, as in Operation Overdrive. I don't think Kamen Rider OOO was bad at all, aside from the movies being not great. :shobon:

I. I completely forgot that Operation Overdrive even existed. Carry on then.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It's to be expected.
While it's almost certainly true that the kids don't give a poo poo about old rangers, Megaforce is already cheap and lazy, so why would they put effort into something like actually making new keys?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I remember going to a flea market and seeing a set of MMPR weapons in a box covered with strange text I didn't understand. I begged my mom for it, but she said no, that it was just some cheap Chinese knockoff crap, and I didn't want that junk, did I?

Years later, I would realize those were probably an imported Zyuranger Howling Cannon. If only she had known :qq:

I'm so glad my parents somehow learned how MMPR was made, all those years ago. I was the cool kid at school for a couple days.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Tae posted:

How, exactly? Nothing is really japanese about it or the storyline. The biggest hurdle is making a villain anywhere near as good as Enter.

There's a lot of non-transformed fight footage, and most of the suit-up sequences aren't stock footage.

That's all I can think of as to how it would be hard to adapt.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

All the old suits are mega-forms for one of the other suits.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

gently caress all that. Condense Go-Busters into a 2 hour movie.

You brought this up and it's never going to happen and I feel so much hate because of it.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Absolutely watch Go-Busters. It's the best.
I would go for Gokaiger too.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

You're...you're not talking about the One Piece rap, are you?

The One Piece rap owns.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

greatn posted:

How about a fashion themed sentai

If this never happens I will probably hate you forever. I need this to happen.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

mateo360 posted:

BTW while doing a stream the other day starting with X-men Mutant Apocalypse, I started going through and reading all the different realities that existed in the Marvel universe (read those which were dumb/weird/etc.) I came across this:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Earth-79203

sentai is a apparently a part of the Marvel universe.

I'm pretty sure Stan Lee had a decent amount of influence in the making of Battle Fever.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I should watch Dekaranger.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Over-Time is subbing it!

I know. I just haven't gotten around to putting it in front of my eyeballs.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Mr. Unlucky posted:

80 pages of 30 year olds sperging about power rangers. this is worse than that sardine thread.

Got bad news for you, weird guy. There's a whole second thread about the same thing that's in it's third iteration.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Goseiger is alright, from what I've watched.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

Kinda like how pretty much any reason to see an old Godzilla film was wiped away by PacRim and Godzilla '14.

What the gently caress.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Suit still doesn't look good.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/ThePowerRangers/status/778651088698249216

So this tweet has to be unintentional, right? They can't possibly be this tasteless. Can they?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

FuhrerHat posted:

I understand where the reference lays. I suppose I misinterpreted where the issue was, though.

I was certainly saying that if someone sees an Asian person and a vehicle and they immediately think "well this is in bad taste of poor Asian driver jokes!", they are not being conducive to correcting the issue. Although I'm nothing but guilty of that myself, now.

Maybe.... nevermind?

Yeah. I was only referencing the original actress dying in a car accident.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Also there's quite a bit of them fighting with helmets off. They would need to refilm way more than they usually do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's not about quality it's about budget

this is what i meant. when has saban ever given a gently caress about quality?