Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Wild Force was a pretty loving straight forward adaptation of Gaoranger. Allegedly that's because the guy who played the Red Ranger is a huge Sentai fan, and insisted that the story match its source whenever possible. He also starred in Samurai, and I guess that explains why that show was basically a shot-for-shot remake of Shinkenger except with all the Japanese elements and also good writing sucked out.
He's also a huge tool.

It was actually producer/executive producer Jonathan Tzachor who was obsessed with turning Power Rangers into a sentai clone, which started with Time Force and continued with Wild Force. Then PR was sold to Disney and Tzachor had nothing to do with it until Saban bought it back and they did Samurai, which was the worst.

:eng101:

No argument on Rick Medina being a huge tool, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

jivjov posted:

So is Amazon's release date just 2 and a half weeks delayed for no reason? Cause according to them, the set doesn't even come out til the 17th of February.

If you order directly from Shout Factory, they're pretty good about shipping releases earlier than the street date. It varies from title to title, from what I've seen. :iia:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Hey Podcasters With Attitude guys, how about a bonus episode on Kamen Rider Dragon Knight? That should be good for getting Burk to burst a blood vessel or two. :v:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pretty sure new episodes are still coming out throughout the rest of the month.

Last episode was neat, nice seeing Tyler showing some character. Finding energems/zords is a pretty fine goal for the team to have, makes them pretty proactive.

This was the last episode til September. Stupid hiatus.

Executive Producer Chip Lynn posted:

ABOUT THE HIATUS... FROM CHIP LYNN

Look at it this way... there are only 20 episodes per year, and 52 weeks in a year. So, no matter what, you're going to have to take a break.

You could watch the entire season, 20 weeks in a row, and then wait 32 weeks for the next season. Ooooor...

...you could watch 8 episodes, then get to imagine what might be coming next for several months, and then get to watch 12 more episodes to see if you were right. And then, just a couple of months later, an entirely new season begins!

I know that we all like things right here right now, but as the saying goes, "good things come to those who wait." So, please don't give up on us, just have a great spring and summer, and then join us again for more adventure. We've been working really hard to make this season unlike any other, and I'd hate for you to miss out. (And that's not just a line, we really are trying to make it fresh and new!!!) Thanks! Chip

Source

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Cernunnos posted:

I forgot that Kyoru Silver was there too so Bragigas would also show up out of nowhere if they use all the holiday episode footage. :v:

Super Dino Charge will need a Christmas special next year, too. :v:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Ninja Steel had to do a last-minute recast of Ninja Steel Yellow :

Power Force posted:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the role of the Yellow Ranger was re-cast and we’re excited to announce the awesomely talented Nico Greetham will be playing the role of the Yellow Ranger.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

FeatherFloat posted:

Pink referred to her hoverboard as being like a freight train (or something), so I guess that's the excuse they'll use for her getting a train Zord?

That would explain the Ninja Power Star already on her hoverboard.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

BOOM! Studios announces Power Rangers: Shattered Grid to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Power Rangers.

quote:

Power Rangers: Shattered Grid will span across issues of BOOM! Studios’ Mighty Morphin Power Rangers comics, Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers comics, and two special one-shot spinoffs. It all kicks off in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25, written by Kyle Higgins and Danielle Di Nicuolo, set for release on March 21, 2018 inside a sealed black polybag to prevent the shocking events inside from being spoiled.

The story line will follow Lord Drakkon – an evil alternate-reality version of Tommy Oliver – who’s returned with a newly reformed deadly army that threatens the existence of every Power Ranger ever. In order to combat the threat, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers will join forces with popular faces and teams from all across the franchise’s 25-year history in an event like never seen before.

Something tells me this will be better than whatever they've got planned for the special anniversary episode of Super Ninja Steel. :v:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Power Rangers: Shattered Grid will introduce the Morphin Masters.

Did Boom! Studios just confirm that Kyuranger is the source sentai for Power Rangers 2019?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Here's an interview with the showrunner for Dino Fury

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Dino Fury Sixth Ranger announced/revealed: https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/status/1380562475544948738 First Black Sixth Ranger in the show's history. And a few more stills of him in action: https://twitter.com/nopinkspandex/status/1380665187326427143

And the show's going on hiatus after episode 8, as is tradition on Nickelodeon at this point.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Speaking of Power Rangers who haven't really aged, Amy Jo Johnson is currently writing a Power Rangers comic book for Boom Studios

quote:

Johnson stated that “I wrote a comic book with my boyfriend and Boom is quite excited about it. We’re sort of in the process of getting it made.” Johnson describes the comic as taking place in the present day of the Power Rangers world, with the original Rangers now in their mid 40s. “A ‘where are they now?’ kind of thing – like a Power Rangers family reunion.”

This isn’t the first time Johnson has worked with Boom, having previously written the foreword for their Power Rangers Pink mini-series, which focused on her character of Kimberly. Johnson says that she’s never written a comic book but her boyfriend is obsessed with them so he’s the one “putting pen to paper” while she and him came up with the story together.

Though Johnson didn’t elaborate how far along in the process the comic is or if any art had been completed, she said she hopes its release coincides with the show’s 30th anniversary in 2023. She also thinks it would be a great idea, “if every one of the original Rangers did their own comic book. Like did their own version of ‘where are they now?’ from that person’s perspective.”

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Larryb posted:

Is it still airing on TV or will Season 2 (and all future shows for that matter) be Netflix exclusive from here on out?

Netflix is going to be the exclusive home for Dino Fury season 2 in "Spring 2022".

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

The first half of Dino Fury season 2 debuts March 3 on Netflix and March 5 on Teletoon in Canada.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Power Rangers: The Road to Queer Representation.

quote:

We spoke with the people behind the scenes who fought for queer representation in Power Rangers from the ‘90s all the way to today.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Meanwhile, the comics are introducing the first non-binary Ranger, Death Ranger. (Their entire alien race is non-binary and uses "they/them".)

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Hasbro has revealed the cast for the 30th anniversary Power Rangers special: https://twitter.com/nopinkspandex/status/1585760499743870976

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Doggles posted:

It's looking like Adam and Aisha are wearing jackets with the Space Patrol Delta logo on them. :stwoon:

Johnny Yong Bosch says it's actually https://twitter.com/MorphinLegacy/status/1585827899742965760 Space Patrol Alpha

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Original Pink Power Ranger Amy Jo Johnson writing a new Power Rangers comic book series with Boom! Studios.

quote:

Debuting the series next year, Johnson collaborated with her partner and director Matt Hotson to co-write it. She recalls coming up with the idea before the pandemic hit in 2020. “I was daydreaming about it and mentioned it to my boyfriend, Matt. He said, ‘Why don’t you try to write it as a comic book?'” Johnson tells Variety. “We had all the time on our hands, so we daydreamed up this entire comic book series knowing the 30th anniversary was coming.”

The new comic series is something that Johnson has been elated about for quite some time. “It has been so hard to sit on this and not talk about it for a year — three, really,” Johnson says. And she promises that the new series would be “different” from the original, “in the sense that it’s my version.”

For inspiration, she went back and watched the original episodes — for the first time. “I honestly had never watched [‘Mighty Morphin Power Rangers’],” Johnson says.

After leaving the series in 1995, Johnson says she “just moved on” from “Power Rangers” and had no idea about the fan outrage that ensued. “I didn’t even know they were [upset]. There was no internet, there was no social media.”

She says working on the set of “Power Rangers” had its flaws. The series was non-union and she made roughly $700 an episode. Oblivious to unions and the benefits that she could have received, Johnson admits she was “just excited to be working as an actor. I was getting paid more than I’ve ever been paid on a job a week.” She adds, “I matured, grew older and found out what was safe and normal.”

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Hasbro is ending production of Power Rangers in New Zealand.

quote:

International hit series Power Rangers is leaving New Zealand after being produced on our shores for more than 20 years.

The news has shocked members of the film industry, who've called it a huge loss for the cast and crew who've been a part of the show.

The production company, Hasbro, confirmed the news to 1News in a statement but didn't say why it was discontinuing filming here.

"We are committed to keeping Power Rangers fresh by reimagining the brand and how we bring our entertainment content to life for our consumers", a spokesperson said.

After 10 years of production in the United States and Japan, the show was brought to New Zealand in 2002 — so it could be made for cheaper.

Article also contains a Cosmic Fury spoiler, revealing that Commander Shaw from Beast Morphers will be appearing in it.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Larryb posted:

Huh, curious if they’re going to move operations back to the states then or find somewhere else to go.

Also we still don’t have a specific release date for Cosmic Fury besides Fall 2023 or any idea what’s happening after that series right?

Nope. Simon Bennett said that post-production won't be done until late July and Hasbro has not announced anything about the future of the series yet.

Speaking of Simon, he announced earlier this year that Cosmic Fury is his last season of PR. It was his choice, not Hasbro's. Writers Becca Barnes and Alwyn Dale are also done after Cosmic Fury.

And if you want to prep for Cosmic Fury, Simon recommends re-watching the final 11 episodes of Dino Fury again.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Simon Bennett is teasing what we can expect in Cosmic Fury:

https://twitter.com/Pookina1/status/1675315146590425089?t=whuCS90NKd2ck-FmSsbxKw&s=19

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

jivjov posted:

Tweet has actually been deleted - not just the account limit thing

My bad. I should have c/p'd the text.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I like in Dino Charge in one episode they found that one of the gems was in New Zealand and all took a trip there and all the characters were like "Wow! I can't believe we're really in New Zealand! Look at this amazing country!" I wonder if they got a taz incentive for that.

Yep, that was why they went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Fan edit of the Cosmic Fury OP using Kyuranger footage:

https://twitter.com/KadamsEdits/status/1692547797747183972