Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
How was Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger? I've been watching Kamen Rider build and the advertisement for a plays before a bunch of episodes. It looks really cool and I'm curious how it even works. Do you like the two Ranger teams fight each other?

Also, would it be inappropriate to link a Kickstarter for a Power Ranger inspired game that got an endorsement from the executive editor of the Power Ranger comics? I just feel like it be relevant to the interests of the people here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Well, that's disappointing. On better news, I found out I don't have to spend too much money to watch Power Rangers because the entire thing is on Netflix. I was originally going to get the Shout Factory DVDs but that seems unnecessary.

I decided to just do Jungle Fury and I am loving this. The choreography is great. Because it is a martial arts themed series they actually really put a lot of effort into the martial arts. I like the suit design. I like the intro. I like the characters. The whole thing's got this weird American meets kung fu movie feel meet Power Rangers. I like how both the villains and the heroes have to grow and get stronger and train under new Masters because it creates is interesting escalation you never see in Power Rangers where both sides are getting stronger.

My only gripe is the fly that serves as the announcer. I feel like that hurts the mech battles. But they seemed to downplay that.

I'm just starting episode 15. They just got their Super upgrade. One episode away from the Midway point and I'm pretty sure the master is going to become the six Ranger.

Edit: Also, if you have vrv, they have all the Super Sentai content from shoutfactory. And I happen to actually have a subscription so I plan to watch them series after that. I want to watch kyuranger and goseiranger. How are they?

I'm not sure how Shout Factory plans to make money since all the Super Sentai and Power Rangers stuff is on streaming platforms. I guess they got a good enough money to justify it from those streaming platforms, considering the lost DVD sales that would bring.

Also, VRV has Garo. I saw one episode and I'm liking it so far.

Covok fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 21, 2019

Covok
May 27, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Actually VRV only has Zyuranger through Ohranger, so only 4 out of 12 that Shout Factory has on their site(honestly don't get why Shout Doesn't just become a full fledged channel on VRV at this point considering they've already got a good amount of content on there)

Oh poo poo, they have 12 series?

Covok
May 27, 2013

That looks cool. Disappointed they couldn't get the actors back. Little confused why they call him Eric Myers and not the Quantum Ranger.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I mean, it's one day and the switch's hardware is vastly different from the other two. If it was a month or even a week, sure. But a day? That's not a big deal.

Covok
May 27, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yooooo that's hosed but super coo- jesuschrist his bulge

And this is why, if I ever actually dressed like a Power Ranger, I would probably wear an athletic cup.

Covok
May 27, 2013

It really sucks that the official Power Rangers TRPG is languishing in that weird Essenced20 engine. It's not an unusuable system, but a level/class system is such a bad idea for a Power Rangers game. Henshin might have classes but it's handled a lot better and is still my favorite Sentai RPG. I also know there is a really good Savage Worlds hack. I recently was shown a copy of the latest PR sourcebook on time travel and I felt forlong that so much good layout and art and interesting ideas are being married to the warm, unseasoned oatmeal of tabletop rpg systems.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Sockser posted:

Not tabletop so not the same, but Chroma Squad does a pretty good job of managing RPG type stats+classes for a Sentai setting

Oh, there are other games to play, like I mentioned Henshin. And there are others, but it stinks the official stuff is tied to Essence20. Like, it's not unplayable, but you know there are better games so you can't justify it.

Like, these are fun additions but its tied to a weak system:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Are you talking about the hack or that tokusastu book somebody Kickstarter-ed a while back?

Agreed on Essence20, though. The thing of it is it works better for MMPR than it does for the other franchises, GI Joe and Transformers.

Yes, I was refering to Savage Tokusastu. Why? Was I misled on it's quality. I don't play Savage Worlds so I can't judge its merits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

No 'hack' just made it sound like it was somebody's fan thing and I would have been interested in seeing it.

It's funny you say that.

I forgot that, when Power Rangers Essence20 came out, I did a Fatal and Friends review. It was left unfinished. I was so loving pissed off at how absolutely poo poo the game was. And, for the final issue of the review that never got released, I made my own version of the game, sort of.

You see, a lot of people thought Essence20 would be like Cortex because of them mentioning dicepool of varying sizes. That turned out to just be that Essence20 is a d20 system that uses dice instead of numerical modifiers.

But, I said, gently caress it. I am very good at hacking Cortex so why don't I just make the Cortex hack myself.

And, well, here it is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Tt0-45gjr-usv2AP9abjgZAl-yWtmAeKUlCRGVCckP4/edit?usp=drivesdk

Like most cortex free products, it requires a copy of the Cortex Prime handbook to use.