Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

"Whoa! We can all be red?!" almost makes this good. :allears:

But yeah, now I can't stop thinking of how rad it'd be if some voice yelled "Samurai! Wild Force! Mystic Force! Overdrive! Jungle Fury!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Liar Lyre posted:

Disney gave no fucks. That was supposed to be the end so the writers were allowed to do whatever they wanted and RPM is the result.

Which, as we all know, was also the case for In Space. Can't wait for Nick to say they're ending the franchise, it'll make a great third final season.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tae posted:

Saban really thinks kids are retarded, like the one scene where Red, Blue and Green exchange their 2nd weapons. The original just gives one word, the character's name, and the cool switch happens.

Transcript of the same scene:

Green: I need more firepower! Guys, give me a blaster!

Blue: Right, coming your way!

Red: Heads up, Jake! *catches* That'll work!

Green: Thanks! Nice switch!

Blue: Now put it to good use!

And then about 3 more lines. That poo poo was annoying back in the 80's with Robotech. It's 2014, Saban. Kids have Ipads, they know what a tiny sliver of subtlety is.

I 'unno, I could take that because changing weapons is a constant thing on the sentai, so at least they were explaining a mechanic on this show, if being hamfisted about it. Doing it again in the second fight sequence two minutes after that huge conversation on switching weapons tho?!

Anyway, this is surprisingly not garbage! It's not good, but it was watchable. I'll probably check it every now and again for the Gokaiger fights and when Tommy comes back.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

But technically RPM was in an alternate dimension so they're not one of the teams that preceded Megaforce!

Future episode spoiler they get a distress signal from the RPM universe and go there to get the RPM keys

Also I just realized that Super Mega Win is the red ranger's catchphrase now. :ughh:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This season might be my favorite for blatant "Lets not explain this!" action. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

To be fair, giant castle men look way more imposing than frogs and stuff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

I made my girlfriend, who started watching from about dino thunder on, watch Super Megaforce episodes 1 and 2 and now I'm pretty sure she wants to leave me.

As the emotionless protagonist would say: that was a Super Megafail.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Burkion posted:

We're cool people? Oh God how did that happen?!

Talkin' about Power Rangers does that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Here, have a Norwegian nerd/metal vocalist singing arrangements of all the PR themes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4CU2HEKJzk

This is the greatest thing, holy poo poo. I can't stop listening to this dude now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Clearly the red lion hit them all the way back to 1997.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

If we assume that MMPR Red is Jason by virtue of being the first one, does that mean that Turbo Red is actually Tommy?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

With how In Space and R.P.M. came out and given what they were working with, I hope they're about to get cancelled once it's ToQer's turn. It'll be the sci-fi masterpiece of the decade.

EDIT: Oh god, picking between zeo gold and mmpr white was the hardest thing in the world. Also there's justice in the world because Time Force Pink is still in.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Mar 25, 2014

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I kinda hope all the Tommy rangers lose this round and that whatever this group is decides to make the five rangers that beat the tommy ones into some sort of special team or something. :allears:

EDIT: Checking the morphing madness thing, looks like something around 40K extra votes are going on the Tommy-related polls, so it's 90k-100k on those while the rest are 50k-56k.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 27, 2014

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

My experience on FB is that it's got nostalgia going on for it on the early 20s ground.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sockser posted:

Yeah, Zedd basically looks like Lord High Lord of Pushing Your poo poo In

Except in the movie where he has like... BDSM gear instead of the sweet skeleton

What gets me the most is the huge brain sticking out in the movie version. The regular version being more subdued looks way more menacing for some reason.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Cliff Racer posted:

Is Lionsgate even any good? I don't associate them with a lack of quality but then I don't follow films so who knows.

Well, there's Hunger Games, The Perks of being a Wallflower, Juno and The Expendables (part 3 comes out in three months) so idk.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

Reposting from the PYF Funny Pictures thread. Netflix summaries are glitching in some excellent ways at the moment.

That's the best loving way to save christmas.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Burkion posted:

And we had just gotten through Unfortunate Racism The Season (Zeo) too...

Wait, what? I kinda really want to know more on this.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh right, the native american part, yeah that's pretty bad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Cernunnos posted:

I can see it now: Legacy Super Train Megazord - $500.

We'd all still buy it though. :v:

Oh god yes. That's the one that would make me break down.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Astro Nut posted:

So, pictures coming out, showing the Dino Charge team:

Cleanest pic yet:

I don't usually mind when casts aren't that diverse because it's tv and it's almost always the same ol' same ol', but seeing this cast really makes me happy. :allears: In general I like seeing the red ranger be a POC (those end up being the best seasons even with second half of turbo, SPD and RPM), but also the pink ranger is just extra nice. Now to pray that the season actually ends up good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Well, it is the franchise that started things off with the black actor wearing the black ranger suit and the vietnamese actress wearing the yellow suit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gotenks0053 posted:

Theme song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSnYqksXiBc

I was pretty good with it until it hits Go Go Power Rangers yet again. Other then that, I kinda dig it. Wish they didn't feel the need to rehash Go Go Power Rangers literally every season since Saban took over.

The "rangers together!" bit was a bit much, but the rest is pretty good, even the Go Go Power Rangers. Cautiously optimistic here!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wait, is the mentor that lady that gave the crystal thing? or is she just an assistant to the mentor? It'd be sick as hell to have a female mentor.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I 'unno, Red was kinda awkward "oh, heheh, cool. Do good, btw" but besides that, the dino-cgi and Keeper's costume, the show looks actually pretty good. Sledge in particular is interesting as hell and I'm really excited to see him just dropping off bounties to deal with stuff due to a lack of an army since he's just a bounty hunter. Kinda hope he weeps about how much bounty money he loses with every dude he sends.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, but his suit looking so bad and it being so stylistically different from the rest of the villains combine perfectly with his desire to simply earn a good buck and postpone his wedding in that it somehow gives him this "annoyed dad from a sitcom" feel. It's great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd like to think that the only reason he asked Shelby out was because he started thinking that the awkward, clumsy way she was behaving was a crush, which he immediately got to confirm as not the case and then dropped it. At least, that's what I thought was going on until we found out about the dig. Also major props on Judd Lynn for making half of the first episode show us what Shelby wants and make it the driving force of the second half of the episode, we find out stuff about Tyler which lead to the transformation, and later on he tells us where the plot will go later on, but Shelby felt much more important in the whole episode and, well, holy poo poo a woman's role drives the episode in the first episode of a boy toy selling show called Power Rangers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I wouldn't even say extra competent per se, her first two ideas to get into the dig are to ask a guy really nicely and to buy Koda a burger, her improv skills are tight, tho. Right now I would call her the most motivated of the cast and her motivation comes from an extremely relatable goal (getting a job in the field of work you love) which make her a really interesting character.

Kendall will probably become a ranger as well, tho.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Astro Nut posted:

It would make some sense. The scene in the cell blocks was basically one big advertisement of the fact they've actually got all the costumes, and two of the three extinction monsters - including the ice age one - were shown as being on the ship. So, if they wanted to, they could expand the group into say, the chief among Sledge's flunkies recruited out of the former bounties, compared to his regular crew.

I still really want that to be a consideration for the villain faction to deal with - handling its need for bodies to throw against the rangers against the fact said bodies do not have much reason to like them very much.

And also against the fact that each body is worth a bunch of money which Sledge would rather keep.

I wonder how space court would react to these ranger vigilantes taking justice into their own hands and executing bounties instead of using the proper space laws.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Astro Nut posted:

Personal theory is that its do with Morgan herself, rather than Shelby not lacking virtuous traits. Because given that it was in a box on the goddamn truck, they had probably already found the pink energem, but despite everything she's (presumably) done so far in order to aid Keeper, the gem went to Shelby instead. So she's frustrated that someone 'less deserving' has benefited from all her hard work, whilst she's currently got nothing, in terms of spandex and superpowers.

I like this. I like this a lot. I hope at some point she admits it and it goes
"You're just a waitress and get to be a power ranger, it's not fair!"
"Whoopiedoo I get almost destroyed once or twice a week you have a good job at a career you enjoy!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think several end up at theater and stuff. MMPR Pink has a few albums and was in a recent american tv show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The whole being immortal demigods got a pretty big :stare: from me, mostly from how casual they were about it.

Sledge continues to be awesome, him and crew simply being stuck in deep space for 65 million years until a comet came by close enough for them to hitch a ride was amazing, specially with his answer to Fury not doing anything of note those years. Sledge was right to be angry at him. Love that on top of his fun characteristics from before we can add that he's too old for this poo poo now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Solaris Knight posted:

My non PR nitpicky friend who I've been trying to convert said that the whole Energems granting eternal youth thing basically means they can't have any reunions in the future because they'll be older, assuming the Energems survive the seasons

I'm pretty sure the show won't end with ten or so teenagers with attitude being immortal demigods that will outlive everyone they cherish, they'll lose (most of?) their powers by the end of the season.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tae posted:

Not surprised Sabin continues their lovely monopoly when they sent a C+D to a sentai fan game.

What ever happened to that game? I really wanted to play it :(

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

jivjov posted:

Its still being worked on. Just slowly.

Wait, really? *checks kickstarter* oh hell yeah, hope they reach an April release.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

jivjov posted:

Also they update their own forum more often then the Kickstarter page

I'm at the excitement level where i'd rather just know they didn't go under and a vague release date than any other info. I'm just gonna keep this on the back of my mind until May comes and Chroma Squad is or isn't out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Morby posted:

Pretty much! He has a prehistoric case of PTSD.

PTSD that's been 10 million years in the making. Languages must be super annoying for him. He's 10,000,000 years old and the English language reached California around 200 years ago.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

Only just realized today that Dino Charge just kinda glosses over the fact that Sledge, Fury, and all the other villains are over 65 million years old. I mean I know PR villains have been fairly old before ("Ahh, after ten thousand years I'm free!") but I can't really remember any other humanoid villains that were over a million years old, let alone tens of millions.

They do reference somewhat, if only to nag at Fury
"YOU'VE HAD 65 MILLION YEARS TO GET THE ENERGEMS AND YOU GOT NOTHING?!?!?!?!?!?!??????"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dino Charge continues to be pretty nice, though Koda (and to a lesser degree Shelby) simply steal the show. Speaking of Koda a bit more of his background got revealed he got frozen in an iceberg for a few thousand years. His life truly sucked as soon as he got that blue rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's also just a pretty cool thing to have in the back burner "There's a sixth ranger around there somewhere, but that ranger is without zord and doesn't know of us... or knows and doesn't want to join!"

The episode was pretty good, too. Nice to see a girls episode done so well, hope they start becoming better buddies.