Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love that Tommy is so dumb he had to send a message back in time to ask to borrow his own watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Some Numbers posted:

What episodes were filmed along with the movie? I want to pay attention to the editing.

The ones where they're in Australia. The Wedding part 1 and 2

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MisterBibs posted:

When did Zordon go from a dude who was trapped somewhere and was just sticking his head into something to communicate with the Rangers to a literal head-being?

After Lerigoh freed him. Apparently he was a head being the whole time and ALSO in a time warp.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He was a head in a tube in a time warp, who found a machine or cast a spell to project his head into another tube. Then an ewok got him out of the time warp back into his regular tube, then his tube got jacked on the way to his home planet.

He did have a corporeal body in one flashback where he collected some singing squash or something though, I can't explain that one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Curtis is Richie's boyfriend. This is canon. You even see them go on a date in the park

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That phantom ranger is Billy and needs the suit to prevent aging and I will hear no different.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It was to match a later command center scene with old footage of all six. You'll notice Zack's dreads are a fade again.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I really hope Hogday Afternoon part 2 airs when I'm around to see it. I just watched it with my kid and the chat is going to lose their poo poo.

My 3 year old is pretty traumatized. I should have waited til we would have time to watch the first couple episode of Zeo so he'd know they would be alright.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh jesus this episode. Billy kills a monster with one loving blast from the basic gun.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rito really reminds me of Ernest from the "Ernest goes to" series of films

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love Lightapeed rescue. It's the first time the series is like "These are adults. This is their job." Their mentor is Ron Swanson. It has the first and only American created ranger and he's awesome. Their megazord is top tier design-wise and the best combination sequence (though you only see the full sequence about twice).

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Xelkelvos posted:

The cowboy chopper hotshot was not lame :colbert:

Arguably Lost Galaxy was the one that dropped the whole "Teenagers with attitude" stuff and made them relatively proper adults with actual jobs/roles.

In Lost Galaxy I think they were still keeping their identities secret for some reason, but you're right they were grown ups with jobs.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MillennialVulcan posted:

Turbo is goofy as hell, but I still like their combination sequence the most, a bunch of cars smashing into each other and then hitting the brakes, making the Megazord slide up into standing position.

I love that too, but the gyrocopter crane lifting the torso onto the legs and then the top half extending it's ladder arms and pulling itself up beats it in my mind.

It is also my belief they were made from Turbo's destroyed Rescue Zords.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Adam just turned into a giant??? :stare:

Those ninja powers are illusionary.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the reason S3 is so good is that Zedd and Rita start to rack up a few W's.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh man we're getting close to Alien Rangers time. I've said it before but I can't wait to see the reactions to Hogday Afternoon part 2. It's the Red Wedding of Power Rangers.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pinterest Mom posted:

Was Ninjor the first gay character on kids' tv?

That was Richie and Curtis.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought the send off for Aisha as a character was actually decent. Even though it's just a child actor, she did some good cry acting and all the characters telling her through the viewing globe that they loved her and would miss her was better than what the Peace Conference Trio got, better than Rocky or Billy, and arguably better than Tommy, Kat, Adam, and Tanya.

It was a terrible send off for Karan Ashley though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's interesting is Master Vile just resurrected a lot of dead old people, and the Power Rangers are going to have to kill them.

Master Vile scared the poo poo out of my kid btw. He was fine with everything else but anytime he's on screen my kid jets outta the room.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want to see the scene where Zordon on tells a ranger they AREN'T allowed to leave, and that this is for life.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

drat, I have to go look at a house. No way I'll make it home in time for the start of Zeo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In the end though Goldar is the one who drops the dang Zeo Crystal.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Who could possibly forget Aurico, Delphine, Cestro, Tideus, and the other one?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I could have sworn that case was dismissed last year as self defense.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MisterBibs posted:

Very odd to have a dramatic ending... followed by bloopers of the very same scenes.

I think it was good to show kids "hey it's not real everyone's alright"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tanya is an adult from the same period of time the rangers are. Just like them, she got turned into a child when time was reversed by Master Vile, except since she didn't have a power coin she lost her memory. When the spell on Earth was broken, she would have become the age she was naturally before the spell and gained her memory back. So she isn't the mind of a kid in an adult body, she's a regular adult.

She has been basically transported from Africa with no alteration of her background though. Her family is American and is still explorers who went missing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rocky is a super lovable doofus. I think he accidentally hit his head in that last scene in season 3 and the writers said "This is your character now"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think he's third in command behind Adam now. Adam is ranger number four, Rocky is ranger number three.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Larryb posted:

Well a few of them like Amy Jo Johnson and Johnny Young Bosch did end up having some pretty succesful careers after their tenure on Power Rangers, and of course Austin St. John (which I just recently learned was actually a stage name, his real name is Jason Geiger) eventually becoming a real life hero so it's not all that bad.

Wait, Jason's loving name is JASON? And he's a paramedic who knows karate and is jacked to all hell?

Are you sure he isn't red ranger IRL?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Ah I missed the episode where they explain what the Zeo spirit quests were all about so I thought the rangers went back into the past to meet their ancestors and thought Tanya was all time displaced.

I know I should know better but I get bogged down in logic in a childrens show sometimes.

They all went to see different time periods. The relative Aisha met was just her mom's Aunt. The reason Tanya was in Africa was because her parents were explorers and got lost on an expedition. She's American.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hey they also won at the end of Zeo, just with a different enemy.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chat is gonna love Divatox.

From her til Galaxy it's basically sexy villainesses straight through.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

drrockso20 posted:

That trend honestly continues all the way through Ninja Storm

Vypra is kind of barely in LSR after a while, and the vilainess in Time Force is also pushed off to the side most of the time. Wild Force lady I feel also plays a pretty minor role in things for a general.

I'd say not until Dinosaur Thunder does the show get another femme fatale you see a lot of, and then after that not until RPM.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Of all the things bad about Turbo, Justin gets a lot of hate but there's really nothing wrong with him. He a better actor than most of the cast and doesn't really do any annoying kid tropes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's weird that Ashley and Carlos get multiple episodes of setup and befriending the rangers before being chosen to replace them, but TJ, the most important ranger and leader, just rides a bus into town and is the first guy Tommy sees.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fezz posted:

They got divorced last year.
:smith:

What about the Mele analog in Jungle Fury.

I think the main difference is characters like Divatox, Astronema, and Trakeena come off as older or more adult, so they can be sexy, while characters like Lothor's nieces or Ransik's daughter behave like teens or kids, and teenage girls aren't(or at least shouldn't be) sexy. I don't really recall the characterization of the mele analog.

Divatox is "dadservice", essentially, but if the dad is into Marah and Kapri, ew.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MisterBibs posted:

The thing about "sexy" on Power Rangers is that they never play it actively straight. There's no male gaze going on, Astronomema isn't bending over for the camera... it's just got cute ladies being cute doing whatever they do. I think the closest thing the show ever does is accidental upskirt stuff during fight scenes, and even then the actresses are all wearing boyshort things (or whatever they are called), so it's not sexualized.

Watch, the next episode (which I'm not watching cuz I'm at work) is going to be total cheesecake.

Divatox is pretty blatant, and I recall at least a few lingering shots on Tenaya 7's rear end.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This episode... owns?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There ain't no air in space! But there is an air and space museum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I believe the tone the movie people have said they're going for is Raimi Spider-man