Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Started Jetman. Shlocky fun! I'm still a Super Sentai neophyte, but it seems easy to like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

Supposedly there’s film of him waving a flamethrower at a crocodile in the huge amount of deleted Turbo movie footage.

He probably checked out because he achieved Redneck Nirvana. He had to dream of greater ambitions, like spin kicking a dinosaur.

I really want to know more about this? Did they end up reshooting the whole thing, like the first movie?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I doubt it's a Build-a-figure, they usually don't get their own listings.

Maybe it's the Beast Morpher name for the combined Go-buster mecha?

Edit: too late.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

why would it be listed with the Lightning Collection then?

You're right, I'm stumped.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

As enthused as I was for Lupin/Pat when it hit, I'm just utterly bored of it now. Why is this show so empty? Nothing has really progressed in 40 episodes, it's hosed.

Toy sales are apparently way down too. Has a Sentai show ever been canned early?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Jumping on the Lupat hogpile to add: I really think Goodstriker is a lousy design, and it was a huge stumble out of the gate building all the mecha toys around him.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

The suits, maybe just from that angle, make those people look like stubby toddlers.

I think they're pictures of the sofubi toys, not the actual suits?

http://news.tokunation.com/2018/12/07/kisiryu-sentai-ryusouger-fully-revealed-first-catalog-images-posted-online-57278

Main Zord is another red T-rex! That's... Familiar.

But it's a complete mecha, and the other zords are weapons and armor, and not limbs. That connect with Lego.

I'm intrigued.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

SpazmasterX posted:

I'm hoping the rumor that the next poorly performing Sentai will put the series on hiatus turns out to be true. Because clearly an extra year or two to get their poo poo together and design some good toys would work wonders.

And maybe they could afford to spend some money on lighting! And a cinematographer! Tired of the show being lit like a sitcom.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I'm going to choose to be optimistic about the new Sentai for the sole reason that it looks like the morpher/collectible/role-play gimmick isn't integrated into the mecha. I think?

galagazombie posted:

At this point they need to just have a blanket moratorium on Dinosaurs and Ninja's. I know those things are popular with kids but it's getting to the point where they're just alternating between the two.

Wasn't there a baseball themed sentai that didn't quite make it to production? I want that one back.
Big bad is Bud Selig. Old wise character is Lou Piniella.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Finished Kakuranger. Do all the 90's sentai shows peak midway through, then just do it all again for another 25 episodes?

Zyu and Dairanger both did too, though Kakuranger felt worse.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

Ohranger is about the same unfortunately (though it peaks a lot earlier than that) but Carranger and Megaranger are both pretty consistently good throughout if you want to check those out.

Thanks. How could I forget Mega! It's been my favorite overall so far. Not as stylish as Dai, not as weird as Zyu, but really consistent.

Might do Jetman next, then. I started Ohranger, but I'm not really in a hurry to finish.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Started Jetman.

Had read how most of the behind-the-scenes crew left after that season, still was not prepared for how different it feels. It's like there's a budget! And a director of photography somewhere!

Also was surprised to see the Vyram bumping off civilians on-screen. Especially the dude sucked into the faucet.

So far, so good.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
First Ryusoulgr(?) trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkmyklUIWkQ

I am cautiously optimistic. The baddie looks like it wandered off an ultra-man set, and I kinda like the new zord.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Please take care, Lizwiz!

On the toys: Hasbro is big into hard separations between Preschool/Kid/Collector lines. Not sure where that Zord fits in, but I'm guessing the Kid line. Should have a better idea from Toyfair this weekend.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Considering the majority of Rangers are similarly built people wearing spandex suits, of course there's going to be reused parts. The majority of each figure will be the same, I'm sure, with different heads and accessories.

Also one of them will be wearing Nick Fury's trench coat.

"Hey! SHIELD is crossed out and Power Ranger is written in with a marker!"

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I can see them adapting Kyurangers solely to get rid of those Nick Fury trench coats.

Beast Morphers premieres March 2nd

Neat! But the toys aren't due until fall? A six month gap isn't ideal.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Zed looking like he cost a year's worth of tooling and paint budget. That's an expensive toy, and I'm impressed it's the at the Marvel Legends $20 MSRP.

Packaging also looks really nice.

I was initially disappointed there's no BAF, but seeing the figures, I'm glad the resources went there.

Goldar looks like a great sculpt, with a weak paintjob. Also I lose a part of my soul every time I walk into Gamestop, and avoid at all cost:

https://news.tokunation.com/2019/02/16/toy-fair-2019-power-rangers-lightning-collection-58969

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
First batch of RyuSoul candy toys up: http://bandaicandy.hateblo.jp/entry/2019/02/28/173000

Costumes still aren't doing anything for me.

More Dynamic look at the new Zord. Just now noticed the Dino bit of the Key/Soul/Collectible gimmick(?) sticking up on the side of the Zord's head. Weird.

Still, looks more interesting than the Lupat zords.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
That's pretty cool! Get well, Andros Mom!

DoctorWhat posted:

https://twitter.com/RedlineSSB/status/1111455639392436225

y'all, Super Mini-Pla Astro Delta Megazord fuckin' rips.

Yeah, it's fantastic. Also really glad Bandai didn't split the sets with one normal retail and one P-Bandai exclusive like they have been.

I just wish I had painted mine before I slapped it together.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Caphi posted:

I haven't been paying a lot of attention, have we turned on Kishiryuoh already?

The core Mech design I still like, but the accessories are pretty charmless piles.

Still, not as bad as Lupat.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Anyone heard the viewership or toy sales numbers on Ryusouler? I haven't much of anything past the pilot, though I might be projecting my own disinterest?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

RBX posted:

Dairanger is regarded as good everywhere but here for some reason.

The plot is a disaster, but it's one of the most visually impressive Sentai, and worth watching for Shadamu Chūsa's General Shadam alone.

DoctorWhat posted:

jetman slaps

Agreed.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Hopefully that's the start of PR toy sales picking up. They haven't been good. Like, even for a declining industry, they're still off.

Craptacular! posted:

That guy’s alive. Probably confusing this event with when Dairanger green killed himself the other year.

What, really? I thought it was cancer?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
It me, the guy that likes all the Kyurangers, and their mecha.

Except Lucky. Shut up, Lucky.

There's the bones for a really good series there, but it would be more difficult to adapt, so I can understand why Hasbro isn't going that direction.

Plus we all want ToQger. No I will not be taking further questions.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

That's pretty fantastic advertising. Didn't realize the set included all the goofy accessories, awesome!

... but why does Rita look scared/disgusted? Better be smiling version in the main line.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I don't know why I thought Hasbro wasn't going to use Sentai footage past the current season?

If they are adapting Kyuranger, I'm interested to see how they handle a main cast that large.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm extremely sick of Fury too.

Squadron
Command
Team

Or even do something like Lost Galaxy where the name is about the story/setting versus the team

Has every title after MMPR been mostly Power Rangers <noun adjective>?

Drake no: Power Rangers Cosmic Fury
Drake yes: Furious Cosmic Power Rangers

Oh man, the reboot series is going to be something like Power Rangers Prime, isn't it?

Burkion posted:

To address the rumors

They're bullshit. Anything coming from Illimuniderdy, which is most of the rumors we've gotten thus far, are bullshit. Top to bottom.

They have nuggets, tiny corn flakes, of truth, but otherwise are sensationalized nonsense designed to grab attention and be provocative.

What we actually know going forward- Power Rangers will be split between the Mainline Show, made for and aimed at kids, which will continue the main universe and will be using Sentai footage, and an older audience series that will use completely original footage and be a new start divorced from the original continuity. T for Teens, older audience. CW Power Rangers, if you like. That's what the division is. From what we can tell, the Reboot Power Rangers will be shooting in Canada, at least it appears that way.

It will also be based on MMPR, at the *very* least character wise, as indicated by the over all brand manager, if not designs as well. The Reboot Power Rangers will be a mini series that ties into the movie they're doing and that'll all be its own thing. The next season of mainline Power Rangers, currently titled Cosmic Fury, is also liable to change its title before production is done and does not indicate a lot. Hasbro has changed the name of the show mid production before.

What we know about the next season of Mainline Power Rangers is that it starts shooting in August, when Power Rangers typically begins shooting, and will be 12-15 episodes long...for that shooting period. I believe we may be seeing Hasbro switch to filming in batches, as that is the episode count Netflix tends to put up first and foremost, since Power Rangers is staying on Netflix for the foreseeable future. So instead of filming everything ahead of time, film the first batch, and then the next batch closer to the part 2 release on Netflix later on.

There has been a lot of misinformation and out right lies going on, and I want to clear those up now. There's not been any cutting ties with Toei, there's been no abandoning of Sentai footage, and as far as we are ever aware, Power Rangers is not dying.

And there won't be a goddamn animated series motherfucker stop bringing that rumor back it's been around since 2007

Thank you, this is appreciated.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
The only conclusion is Hasbro selling the franchise back to Saban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

Cosmic Fury is officially out on Netflix now in its entirety (and also might possibly be the end of PR as we know it, for now at least)

Time for Saban to buy it again at a huge discount, and make a US-based Bioman like he always wanted.