Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

SpazmasterX posted:

I'm watching it right now. They somehow transmitted the music to ancient China too. :lol:

If I remember correctly all those other countries were in the original Goseiger episode and it was just as stupid there, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Because that would be too awesome and the kids of America aren't ready for that yet.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I recently caught myself singing the opening lines to Dino Thunder, despite not watching it in years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXVuLnnQ5X0

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
At the very least we could start to see characters who are children of the original group of rangers. It's been 20 years there's bound to be a few out there. I don't trust them not to gently caress it up like Spike but it could be an interesting arc. The whole how can I measure up to the greatest heroes sort of thing.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I think a bunch of the Aussie and Kiwi actors are in shows over there that the US is unlikely to see.

On that note Rose McIver, RPM Yellow, is the lead of a new CW show, iZombie. She's had a lot of roles in Hollywood recently like Masters of Sex and Tinker Bell on Once Upon A Time.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

MisterBibs posted:

Will there be a reason to keep it on a second monitor for the span of Wild Force through Overdrive?

Ninja Storm is good.
Dino Thunder has my favorite theme after the original. Plus the only American episode featuring the Super Sentai actors.
SPD is great except for the 6th Ranger being a ball of light.
Mystic Force was enjoyable plus MagiMother is adapted faithfully.
Operation Overdrive. Meh. But the anniversary episode is worth watching. Plus, the bad guys are based on the Megazord forms of previous series. The main baddie is the MMPR zord.

So some good and some bad. If you haven't seen it it won't hurt you. I haven't watched much Wild Force. But the morpher are cell phones that turn into animals so that's something.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Xelkelvos posted:

Edit: Dino Thunder is apparently worth watching, but at that point I stopped watching. SPD is also worth watching. RPM has a few gems that get very meta (and two of the actors got together IRL which is :3:).
They got divorced last year.
:smith:

parallelodad posted:

Vypra is kind of barely in LSR after a while, and the vilainess in Time Force is also pushed off to the side most of the time. Wild Force lady I feel also plays a pretty minor role in things for a general.

I'd say not until Dinosaur Thunder does the show get another femme fatale you see a lot of, and then after that not until RPM.

What about the Mele analog in Jungle Fury.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The Dino Thunder theme will always be number 1 in my heart. But I am loving the Power Rangers Galaxy sting in the Lost Galaxy theme.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
About 13-14 hours from now

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The Yellow Ranger and those God damned headphones. I want to yank them off her neck. I think this means I'm old.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
There's no way he got a PhD in the 7 years since Turbo.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I think you guys are getting confused. Ninja Steel will be two seasons like Samurai and Dino Charge. Seasons 26 and 27 will be the Kyuranger adaptation.

Fezz fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 30, 2017

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Blaze Dragon posted:

"You're Kimberly, my best friend". Aisha, you've known each other for like a month at best. That's a really fast-growing friendship.

Also Bulk and Skull keep being the best.

It feels like they just Find/Replaced Jason, Zack and Trini with Rocky, Adam and Aisha and said job done.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Today on Power Rangers: an extremely good skeleton, and a new set of powers.

Real talk that Bulk and Skull song is great.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
This new teacher is a real hardass. Though it was nice the way he wore a red shirt when he switched places with Rocky.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Apparently the producers of Super Sentai had some sort of deal with that go kart place. It showed up in Kakuranger too. The Super Sentai Brothers podcast just did this episode a few weeks ago.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wait, so was the Megazord being broken an entirely American thing?

No it happened in Ohranger too.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Hey now, you can't blame Saban for that. The move was 100% Disney.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Man this is my third time watching Lost Galaxy and I still can't remember what the lights of Orion are or what they do.

Don't worry about that, Saban sure didn't. A lot of that is from the sentai where all this poo poo happened in the Gingaman's mystical forest. Why they then decided to adapt the mystical forest nature rangers as space rangers is a mystery for the ages. There is a way to adapt that that makes sense but Lost Galaxy isn't it.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

MisterBibs posted:

A space rangers season saved the franchise from ending.

:ms:

True. But making the forest a generational ship was not the way to go. It caused so many problems, they should have just set the series on a new planet rather than the Terra Venture. Lost Galaxy was not a successful adaptation like In Space was.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I think you can solve a lot of the problems with Terra Venture being the center of the universe by having some sort of magical being set up shop in the forest dome. Then you have a on screen reason for everyone heading straight there every time.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
A.I. what season are you watching now?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Darth TNT posted:

That is still one or the finest gifs on the internet.

What pink is that?
They should get Rob Liefeld to draw the red space Ranger batteliser.

It's evil future Kim from the current event Shattered Grid.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Potsticker posted:

The only really bad looking suits are Gingaman.

Charlie Brown looking motherfuckers.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I know it's supposed to be the teeth of the Ginga/Galacta-beasts but it absolutely does not read like that.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
DinoThunder has an episode that starts with a Zord battle that's unrelated to the monster in the rest of the episode at least.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I miss when megazords used to actually have cockpits

Beast Morphers has a good chance of that.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Was Beyond the Grid not popular? Is Go Go cancelled?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Do we know what they're doing with Silver?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The Ninja Steel White Ranger's casting in the Amazon Wheel of Time series catapults her to the top tier of PR actors with post-series careers (outside of Australia and New Zealand). Anyone else got anything as high profile since Rose McIver?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Well that neatly solves the problem of there not being enough years between the halfway part of Turbo and a year or two? before Dino Thunder for Tommy to have gotten a PhD.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It's funny how everyone in the first five seasons got done dirty except for Amy Jo Johnson. Did she have something on Saban that made it so she got an actual nice exit arc? I guess Jason David Frank got a nice one when he stopped being the Green Ranger and they sang that song at him. But he came back shortly thereafter and they were still going to work with him on that pilot that eventually turned into VR Troopers.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Think they'll use any of the Super Sentai Strongest Battle footage?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The next adaptation is going to be Ryusoulger

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The Super Sentai Bros just started MegaRanger and it's the third time I've heard someone talk about Tighten Up Reality Gangster. Though they didn't find the album it came from Electronic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Jason Narvy has a PhD in theater, so I'd say he's done good for himself.