Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

JT Smiley posted:

I didn't understand how Noah believing in himself allowed him to lift that axe despite not being able to do it literally two seconds earlier. Still the moral of the day wasn't as bad as this week's episode, where we learn that it takes years of special training to become a ranger. Even though the current team are just five kids picked almost at random with no real training to speak of.

Also Megaforce red is just a real doll that got brought to life somehow.

The moral of the day in that Noah episode is that it is okay to bring weapons to school.

I also believe Red is a robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Pinwiz11 posted:

I do hope that Saban can take the show off of Nick once they finish the contract through Gokaiger. I can't imagine Go-Busters lasting two years, and there's enough story there that they could turn it into something interesting if they could do a 30-40 episode season... :ohdear:
Messiah does die twice. Once around episode 30, again around 46. They could mess around with that and make two 20 episode seasons.

SpazmasterX posted:

Where would the show go? It's options are already limited since there's so few channels geared toward kids, and even fewer with budgets that could sustain the series to begin with. Plus, I'm starting to think that a lot of GoBuster's footage wouldn't be useable since so little of it took place in vague outdoor locations. Then you also have to take in account the fact that they never used stock footage for anything outside of Megazord combinations, so you can't pull the ol' stock footage morph-location change switcharoo. You also have the Buddyroids to deal with, since they are part of the Buster Machine cockpits and Powered Custom (which every fight in the last 1/3rd of the series involves), and Stag Buster doesn't act human at all. Furthermore, there's also several scenes involving their individual weakpoints. GoBusters will be a very expensive series to Americanize, I guarantee it.

And, I don't know if this is a factor or not, Red, Blue, and Yellow all used actual hand to hand combat techniques instead of the flashy martial arts you normally see. So on more than one occasion I can actually recall one of them running their blade across a grunt's neck to destroy it.
Buddyroids = action figures. J would have to stay a robot for the footage to work. Most of the morphs could be replaced with stock footage versions. They could make Enter's ranger form into a good guy like the Titanium Ranger if Bandai wanted to make the toys for it.

quote:

Beyond all that, you still have to make up a whole plotline because there's no way Nickelodeon these days would let them get away with a story nearly as dark and depressing as GoBusters' was. If I had my way, I'd say save some money and dub the whole thing out. It's not so "Japanese" that you'd need to take a bunch of liberties with the script anyways. You could probably get away with a nearly 1:1 conversion.
Remove the whole Christmas backstory and it would be watered down enough for Nick.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Holy crap, Megaforce was awful today. Awful in a Tommy Wiseau way. Good show.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Well now you've piqued my curiosity. Details?

Awful, awful dialogue. Terrible ADR. Leftover Alata goofiness.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Aw they didn't copy it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Pasteurized Milk posted:

It was a bunch of cuts to people reacting to bad rock music being broadcasted around the world, but the people reacting to it were examples like African kids standing outside huts, people wearing turbans by pyramids, and people at a cafe in front of the Eiffel Tower.

I think there was an upper class British couple in front of Big Ben. Whoops, no monocle. Should have had one.

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 9, 2013

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
So Robo Knight shows up and his voice is pretty much RoboCop.
He proceeds to show off his toys and kill the MOTW in his zord mode.
Then the Rangers say hi to him and the Red Ranger tries to shake his hand. Robo Knight just walks by them. It is at this moment I jump out of my seat, raise my hands in the air and scream "yeah!"

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
:psylon: Robo Knight is still a dick
:mitt: Troy is still a robot
:love: Gia is pretty much the leader now and the only reason to keep watching this dreck

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Samurai Ultrazord.
Samurai Gigazord :eng101:

Bandai made a different version for the US. First off, the Samurai Zords were smaller. Second, Samurai Folding Zords couldn't fold. So if you had all the parts for the Gigazord, the yellow zord would be a dangling arm instead of triangle.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpazmasterX posted:

The Gigazord is a loving joke compared to Ha-Oh. I just wish I had the money to get all the Shinkenger zords now that I have the US release of Shinken-Oh.
On my last trip to Little Tokyo, I saw some used Mougyudaiohs for sale. Holy poo poo, they were huge.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Red from Jungle Fury has been on set, so that's one Disney guy.

I wonder how the Disney Cruger suit has held up.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

RBX posted:

Like really A-Squad keys? Come on.

Why do they even count? They were bad guys the whole time.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Nickelodeon is being stupid with their demands of 2 year seasons with 20 episodes per year. I'd sooner blame them for this fiasco than Saban.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Later this year, whenever that is
http://youtu.be/8ywgflubY9Y

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Captain Capacitor posted:

Just started Season 2 of Akibaranger and by god is it fantastic and confusing.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Oh? The guys at TV-Nihon are the ones who wrote Dekaranger? poo poo, I gotta give that group credit, who knew a half-dozen guys on the internet had the budget to film a tv show in Japan? :what:

They probably screwed up a lot of the dialogue. You're better off watching SPD.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I'm impressed with how well the New Zealand teams have location matched the sentai footage.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Powerful Rangers
http://youtu.be/zIKe8GN2QV4

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Only looking forward to the cheap toys.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Oh no

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

JT Smiley posted:

Well yeah the imported Shinken-oh works for you because you're an adult collector who can afford to pay a little more for the Japanese original. There aren't many parents out there how are going to spend nearly $300 dollars so their kids can have all the Samurai megazords.

Last Christmas, toysrus had a very nice Gigazord set with all the Samurai zords in it for $130.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
loving Bandai. Near impossible to get that drat Morpher at Comic-Con.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Zonekeeper posted:

Don't sweat it. There's no chance in hell they went through the trouble of improving the Morpher's electronics and making brand new coin molds solely for a con-exclusive collector's item. We're pretty much guaranteed to get a wide release retail version.

What bugs me is all the time I wasted trying to get it. Could have seen the Gravity Falls or Futurama panels.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
September 7, I think.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Where is Violet?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Didn't RPM go way over budget and kill Power Rangers?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Holy crap, they're wearing different clothes.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Is Goseiger any good? I tried watching a few episodes and just couldn't stand staring at the cast, with their big wet eyes and mushy faces. Alata. :argh:
Yes

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
If you haven't seen it yet, Samsung is advertising a smartwatch. There's some MMPR in there.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmpYZzpDQEhlE1_mq3CI5PaJxKu2SZgOt

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I use the GoBusters alert. One time it went off in a store and a kid grabbed his mom and said how cool it was.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpazmasterX posted:

Do you have an mp3 of that handy? I could never find one that wasn't just some schmuck holding their morpher to a microphone.

I think that's where mine came from. Is there an anonymous file sharing service out there?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Super Megaforce / Gokaiger toys have hit Toys-R-Us.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

JT Smiley posted:

I can't believe they're still hanging on to those stupid Goseiger suits. It makes no sense , especially with black transforms into green.

I wonder how much of Don's antics gets into Super Megaforce

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Their morpher doesn't say anything :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqQTLetdI1w

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpazmasterX posted:

I maintain that the only way the show could be saved is if Enter and Escape were both fluent in english and could perform their roles again.

Basco speaks perfect English but they won't be using him. :(

edit: goddamn auto correct

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 3, 2014

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
By skipping GoBusters, they still wont be doing another team up for a long while.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Give Go-Busters to Toonami and just dub it. They could get all the toys out for xmas 2014 and have Dino Charge ready for 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Flameingblack posted:

The Red/Blue/Green figures got Superman Barrel chests for some reason