Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Sockser posted:

Oh neat, a new PR thread. I always enjoy these.

Samurai was terrible, Super Samurai was terrible, Megaforce is just godawful, and it makes me sad to think about what they're going to turn Gokaiger into :smith:

You mean... SUPER MEGAFORCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

gyrobot posted:

The original attempt to adapt Super Sentai was using Jetman iirc.

Nah, it was Bioman.

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Bio-Man

They filmed a pilot, but it didn't go to series. So Zyuranger was the third try at an adaptation—just the first one that stuck. I would have loved to have seen a Jetman Power Rangers series, though... anything is better with Jetman.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!

Sockser posted:

Especially the bad dude in the upper right.

He's not really a Kyoryuger. He's a monster in disguise!

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!

Coq au Nandos posted:

Looking forward to one of the rangers using the incorrect fare to board their zord and getting savagely beaten by a ticket inspector.

NO TICKET!

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!

Sockser posted:

Samurai and Megaforce and now Super Megaforce just really make me sad.

I grew up with Power Rangers and it was always something I could come back to and watch the newest series and it was a dumb and hokey kids show but hey maybe it'd be cool, too, and then they manage to take something as awesome as Gokaiger and turn it into that :smith:

Yeah, I was really excited about Megaforce, even though Samurai was kind of terrible. I chalked it up to Saban getting back in the sentai game after a long absence and having to find their footing again, but I think I made it through half of the first Megaforce episode before letting my hopes be crushed. Gokaiger is one of my favorite tokus and I'd hate to watch it be sullied.

edit: I wonder if they can get Sakamoto back to direct Dino Charge. It makes sense since he directed the source material to excellence, but I don't think he's done any PR stuff for a good long time. He's not directing any other toku right now, if I recall.

toomanyninjas fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 10, 2014

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!
Does Nadeshiko count? I'm disregarding her return in Movie War Ultimatum because that movie didn't make any goddamned sense

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!

Box of Bunnies posted:

"oops, I forgot my communicator at the gym" or "I was literally tied up after losing a fight against the foot soldiers."

As a kid, stuff like this always made me think: "What the gently caress, Zordon? THIS is the guy you're making the leader? The guy who can't remember his communicator from a hole in the ground?"

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!

Xelkelvos posted:

Small update on the "Morphin' Madness" thing: It seems like JDFDF has turned it around and he's winning all three of his things again (or the bot has hosed up and is now voting for the other side since the disparity is now going in the other direction)

If I remember the vote totals I saw before it seems more like they were just reversed instead of a massive vote in the other direction. I remember going "there's no way" when Tommy was losing by, like, 30K votes and the other guy had 60K and now it's the other way around.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!

Cernunnos posted:

Have anything of Battle Fever found it's way into Super Megaforce?

I'd love to see general public reactions to that bit of weirdness.

"Rangers, you now have access to new powers from the late 1970s. Power Rangers: Disco Inferno!"

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!
Oh, I'd absolutely want to see that, believe me. Hopefully Gosei would follow that up with "Once you see them, you'll understand why I kept them from you until they were needed."

It's a shame that the BFJ tribute episode was a Christmas episode and the Flying Ghost Ship BFJ footage probably wouldn't work -- I'd really like to see how they'd handle all that.

Semi-related: JDF posted yesterday that his S. MegaForce episode wasn't going to air until October or something. Did they split up last season like that with half at the front of the year and the other half at the back? I don't give a poo poo about Goseiger, so I didn't watch last season.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!
I will be thoroughly disappointed if "Go Go, Dinocharge!" replaces the perfectly acceptable-for-American-audiences "Brave In"

It's not loving Inspector Gadget.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!

Dango Bango posted:

I started on Sentai basically like you did, wanting to check out the source for MMPR. I even watched Dairanger too out of curiosity. As for recommendations, definitely check out Gokaiger and Shinkenger. They're both really awesome series. The only other one I've seen is Kakuranger - skip it.

Nonsense. Kakuranger is awesome -- you just have to know what to expect. It's total insane cat drugs.

My list of must watches: Kyoryuger, Dairanger, Jetman, Shinkenger and Gokaiger. Lots of people will say that Go-busters is awesome, too, but I had trouble getting into it. Not knocking it, just not my thing. Kakuranger is like a graduate-level course in Japan Is Weird.

edit: Oh, and once you've gotten a good taste of the sentai formula it's time to watch the Go-Busters V. Go-Busters movie because it's ridiculous and turns that season on its head.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!
And DekaYellow as KyoryuBlue's sister. You can never have enough Ayumi Kinoshita.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!

Testekill posted:

Lord Zedd maybe. Can you imagine what a higher budget version of his costume would look like?

I imagine something like Super Shredder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!

Burkion posted:

Three awful, *AWFUL* neckbeards might have already beat you to it.

http://www.wadejobkar.com/

"Cool! I'll read one of these real quick."

"Goddammit, it's been an hour!"

Thanks for not being lovely like Linkara and acknowledging the sentai.