Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of phone chargers I need to find an easy fused B+ source to tap for a generic cigarette lighter socket. I'm sure its there somewhere I just havent really searched yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

If you need to run a shitload of power wires from the battery, there's probably a 1.5" diameter hole in the passenger firewall from the harness going through. :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

meatpimp posted:

I really like the former-service look... purposeful and you don't really need to care about it.

PYF helped me find the picture or else I would have posted this yesterday as a response. It kind if feels like driving this.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Take that tax refund and buy yourself a junkyard Cobra motor, install.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've still got 900 left after bills and I'm thinking tint and a radio deck that I can plug Pandora into.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

14 INCH GRANDPA posted:

I've still got 900 left after bills and I'm thinking tint and a radio deck that I can plug Pandora into.

I hope you mean an 800MHz trunking scanner and a huge whip antenna.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

mutt2jeff posted:

Take that tax refund and buy yourself a junkyard Cobra motor, install.

I think he should put in a 5.4 Lighting motor. :getin:

G-Mach fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 3, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
But not those wheels. Never ditch the cop steelies.

Oh, absolutely vvv

Snowdens Secret fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 3, 2013

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Snowdens Secret posted:

But not those wheels. Never ditch the cop steelies.

He could get the steel wheels widened.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
I think we can all agree that he needs to put some serious hustle in the Crown Vic. You have had enough slow, lovely cars. Time to have a fast lovely one.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
But my fuel economy :saddowns:

Also this is already the biggest engine by displacement and raw numbers that I've ever owned, the next closest even comparable was the 2.5 in my E30 and (displacement wise) the 2.6s in the Froot Truck 2 and Starion. Everything else has been 2L or smaller, and I'm up to 17 cars now I think at last count. Maybe 18.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

But just think of all the money and time saved on repairs and trouble shooting!

Got my steering mid shaft and firewall bearing in today, supposedly they'll make my car feel like new again, we'll see.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 3, 2013

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

leica posted:

But just think of all the money and time saved on repairs and trouble shooting!

Got my steering mid shaft and firewall bearing in today, supposedly they'll make my car feel like new again, we'll see.

You didn't blur your name/address on the small label.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 3, 2013

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Actually I've heard we have a lot of Panthers up in here, maybe we should just consolidate in this thread? I dont mind. Could use with a decent rename if we want to.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 3, 2013

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sure, why not.

Also thanks meatpimp for quoting and pointing that out I'm at work an can't edit pics :mad:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

leica posted:

Sure, why not.

Also thanks meatpimp for quoting and pointing that out I'm at work an can't edit pics :mad:

Took the quote out, figured you would want to know, since you wiped the main label. Good picture, though... plenty of resolution even after jpg compression!

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 3, 2013

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Thanks, edited it out. Could you seriously read that? Because I didn't even notice it.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Did you take pics of the back seat and I missed it or what?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Pics of the engine?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:downs: I forgot, I'll correct that now

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Something happened here but it doesnt seem to be leaking now, hose tag looks newer.

Upper control arms and front shocks are on the menu.

Cooler assembly

Words dont do justice how bright this dome light is, its in additional to the normal domes.

Gutted rear doors, but I do have the door panel for it.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
I saw one of these on I-5 S towards SODO/Georgetown at about 8:30pm Thursday night. Would that have been you??

I actually had never seen a Seattle blue former cop car before, that I knew of, so it's kind of weird that I saw one IRL and then see this thread.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
Ahahaha i just noticed the special arm/handcuff grooves

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

I saw one of these on I-5 S towards SODO/Georgetown at about 8:30pm Thursday night. Would that have been you??

I actually had never seen a Seattle blue former cop car before, that I knew of, so it's kind of weird that I saw one IRL and then see this thread.

Its likely it was me, actually. Was out cruising for the gently caress of it. I was in that area around that time, I've already had 2 friends spot me in Ballard too.

Also, dick move to let my car idle at the entrance to our lot to get the heat running? :v:

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Imagine how many cop farts are in those seats.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
My vote is going to be to hold onto the leftover tax money for when you parlay the cleaned up CV into more money than you paid by flipping it in six months, then you can get a Fox body Mustang and grow a moustache and unnngggggg :flashfap:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Nice car! I'm on the lookout for a Town Car of about that vintage. Hoping to find one around $3k that hasn't been beat to hell as a taxi/airport driver.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Oh god that roof. Nice to see you still have the ticket light though. I still have mine but the cover busted off so it's EVEN BRIGHTER. I think my ticket light can illuminate cars next to me :v:

Also, if we're consolidating here as Panther owners, can I show off mine? Because I love mine :allears:

Love that big barge. Out of the cars i've owned, it's my favorite by far.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If we're going to have it more inviting to all panther owners, how about "I think it looks more like a Puma- Panther Parking Only" as the thread title?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

14 INCH GRANDPA posted:

If we're going to have it more inviting to all panther owners, how about "I think it looks more like a Puma- Panther Parking Only" as the thread title?

I like it. But honestly man, it's your thread, it's up to you if you want it to be the Panther owner's megathread.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I think it'd be more fun that way, to be honest. Since it's not such a rare car and theres a larger community base in Ai than say a 142, it doesn't need quite the same spotlighting and we can all share! I'll PM IOwnCalculus.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Panther Megathread: Wannabe Cops and Old People ITT

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Thats also pretty funny, and so true.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Do PDs every buy Grand Marquis's? They don't, and I'm safe to ignore those as potential unmarked cars, right?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My ex room mate went down for selling coke to an undercover in a Town Car for what its worth.

Course, I've also seen someone get pulled over by an undercover Neon. How do you manage to pull THAT beat?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

14 INCH GRANDPA posted:

My ex room mate went down for selling coke to an undercover in a Town Car for what its worth.

Course, I've also seen someone get pulled over by an undercover Neon. How do you manage to pull THAT beat?

Hey, at least he gets a Neon and isn't one of those poor bicycle cops :v:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
You guys are making me want one so I can build the ultimate sleeper car. Twin turbo police interceptor Crown Vic? Yes please.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The cops here (western australia) have been getting wise for a few years now, I've seen unmarked Subaru hatches and ford explorers doing freeway patrol of late. I've never really gotten fearful of commodores here because 9 times out of 10 it turns out to be some knob hockey in a Holden ute that pulls up behind you at speed :(

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I got pulled over by a riced out 99-00 Civic Si ages ago (I think this was in 2001?). I assume it was something that was seized from someone, but I saw it a lot for about two years. One hell of a "I'M NOT A COP" sleeper for sure..

I've also been pulled over by a mid-late 80s Aerostar with peeling paint (in the mid 00s).

Gotta love the suburbs. :allears:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Mar 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Devyl posted:

You guys are making me want one so I can build the ultimate sleeper car. Twin turbo police interceptor Crown Vic? Yes please.

This has been on my list for a long time. Honestly if I could have found one that I could afford back in school I wouldn't even have the truck. But if I am still alive after I wrap it around a cactus the drivetrain will be going in a p71 next.