Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
About 15 minutes ago I was coming back from my doctors appt taking the backstreets to grab my gloves from work and as I get to 8th i see my coworker blast past speeding so i just punched it onto 8th tore up onto his bumper and flipped my headlights on and he honestly thought he was getting pulled over :siren:

Of course everyone else in the shop is going to hear about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Air suspension problems and feeding the beast :black101:

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 14, 2013

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Stupid question but do you ha e the little threaded U bolt and holder downer? I had to pick one up from a scrapyard because mine didn't have the holder when I bought it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I figure I was spitting in the eye of the fates when I tried to get a reliable car, but I was driving over to my new shop to move my box in and in stop and go traffic all of a sudden the OD light began flashing and it felt like it was stuck in a high gear. It went away after I parked but now I need to find a scanner capable of pulling transmission codes tomorrow :(

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
In town's where the fun is though, I've regularly seen 8-9mpg :iamafag:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
$1k gets you an aero I've seen, I'll take a look when I get home. $1700 for mine, special goon discount andit's literally ready to drive anywhere in the country. It's basically what I have into it and I don't really think for a car that needs as little as this one does I should really go a whole lot less. Talk to your friend, but I know how it is when cash is a problem (like for me, right now hah)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

leica posted:

Yep that's it. Make sure you check the torque specs, you may need a torque wrench. Also might wanna checec. and do a search on the procedure so you don't run into any surprises, looks easy enough but you never know.

The fact that it's plastic takes a huge amount of guesswork out of it actually. Keep tightening one corner down until you hear the first crack, then move to the next one.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'll give you :20bux: for it

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Interesting. I'll have to look into this.

Replaced my squealing stock serpentine last night with a Goodyear Gatorback. Since I've never driven the Marauder in snow/salt, the belt tensioner actually moves and the replacement took 13 minutes. Last time I touched belts (horribly rusted 98 Cherokee) the job took 3 hours after busting 2 bolts.

If the gatorback is the kind with the serrated grooves I don't really like those, I personally see a lot of them wear out prematurely and crack in the narrow part. Give me a solid rib serpentine belt any day.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've seen running driving non wrecked p71s for that, and paid less than that for the one in the OP. Look around.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Isnt it a little overkill to check your tires every three blocks?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
98 plain Jane crown vic, can anyone tell me Where the coolant temp sensor harness comes From?

Customer did their own work and "lost it." :eng99:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The end guess as far as I could tell was that it was a Dorman manifold. I took it off because whoever did their work butchered it and it was hemmoraging coolant. On removal I found no loose or unused plugs, most of the lower intake bolts finger tight, and a standard lower gasketset along with O ring seals in the manifold itself. Reassembled it after getting the correct Dorman replacement O ring kit and eliminated the double gasket OEM ones and all of a sudden no leaks. Gauge works and scan tool data shows coolant temp so I just said gently caress it and left it in there.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I'm going to sound stupid... But does the 5.4 drop in place of the 4.6 on panther cars?
Far as I know, the only change I can think of is to cut a hole.in the hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mooseykins posted:

If it's Supercharged.

If?