Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

InitialDave posted:

poo poo, all we get are diesel Focus and Astra patrol cars.

Though the sight of a liveried Suzuki Wagon R or Smart ForTwo always raises a smile.

Cops around here mostly drive Mondeos and Vectras still, even though they were all supposed to have been replaced with Passats at this point. A fair number of the Mondeos even had the 2.5T 5-cylinder, which was pretty rad. The current plan is for an equal mix of Passats and Mercedes C-classes. And they're phasing in BMW K1600GTs for the motorcycle cops. 1600cc inline-6 cop bikes, I guess they need all that oomph for the seventy tons of crap they have to haul around.

Once in a while a used patrol car comes up for sale at an auction, but since they're all pretty much run into the ground due to lack of funds and don't have any "police package"-type features, they're not particularly sought-after. No one wants a 250K+ km sedan/wagon that's been beat on all of its life and has no additional features compared to vehicles owned by civilians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

"440CUI"

Yeah, I know it isn't, but that's your fault for not getting a 1974 Dodge Monaco :colbert:

If you want to go full-on Blues Brothers nerd, get "BDR 529".

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 15, 2013

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Obviously supercharged.

For the siren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAbes

Also, Mustang parts should be easy enough to source.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

THIS VIPER WAS BRAN NEW!!! :downs:

Someone should build a Grand Marquis de Sade. With spikes in the seat and leather everywhere.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

First off, make sure the headlight glass isn't horribly pitted or faded or milky. If they are, either swap the headlights for a fresh set try one of the polishing kits available.

Secondly, check the wiring to your headlights. Crappy thin wires have higher resistance, which means your headlights get less power than they actually need. On some cars, rewiring with larger-gauge wire can really help the light output.

Thirdly, have a look at bulbs like Philips X-treme Vision, they offer a significant increase in light output over standard bulbs. Don't get ones with blue glass, they suck rear end.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Pumpkin_Paine posted:

At present since I am not in the market for a scanner or whatever I am leaving it be, it is currently waterproof and whatever plug I would end up sticking in would take doing something to not be. Maybe next summer I will pull out the cop light and patch the hole in the door it leaves and take care of that antenna mount at the same time.

There's no hole with a glass mount antenna, it's all inductive yo.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I had those on my Peugeot 406, they were OK.

The Hankook and Michelin summers and winters I have now are much better, though.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

And your tires will last longer since you're spreading the wear over two sets instead of one. So that mitigates the cost somewhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SouthLAnd posted:

A different expression of anger on the drivers face each time the interior illuminates.

Don't blink.