Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
This seems like a wise choice for your criteria. Interior parts (like a rear seat) have to be all over junkyards. How's the engine bay look to work in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Devyl posted:

So now it's Officer 14", right?

14" Special Detective

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Did it have any fun prizes in the glovebox or the trunk?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
But not those wheels. Never ditch the cop steelies.

Oh, absolutely vvv

Snowdens Secret fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 3, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I'm not exactly sure I see the point of complaining about insufficient hot-rod potential for a Mercury Grand Marquis. Drive it like the road sofa it was always intended to be and the engine should be more than sufficient.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Comedy "smooth" option would be the 300ci inline 6

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

lampey posted:

Is there any real difference for shifter location besides personal preference?

In man-trans cars, the console linkage's extra complexity tends to make it very sloppy, which can lead to botched shifts. I imagine the same goes for cable-operated column shift auto trans, it just matters a whole lot less.

I mean I guess someone could be manually shifting their auto-trans Crown Vic, but it's somewhat of an empty gesture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
On the other hand I can only imagine the comedy setups their customers have tried to pull. The earlier-posted 'car pulling a car pulling a cargo trailer' doesn't even begin to cover it.