Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
the Panther platform is one of the only reasons I can still say "I like American cars".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Panther-body cars are the safest cars to come out of North America. They are incredible- near comparable to a Volvo in every way.

I don't think Ford will ever make a great RWD Panther fleet successor, and the new Taurus has some obscene $32k base price.
The fact that the Alaska State Troopers refuse everything but Crown Vics to navigate some of the most treacherous terrain is pretty cool, too.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Dr. 14 INCH M.D., OBD-GYN

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Yes, because a car that you can't see out of the back window with is really safe.
Safety standards improve, sure, but the safety arms race has turned cars into swollen messes that require rear-view cameras to even take into account pedestrian accidents.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Big Meat in a Bench Seat: a 14 INCH production

sports
Sep 1, 2012
I really want to make the world's best cruising car.

It consists of a
-suitable Panther-bodied donor car, column-shift (with plush interior)
with a detuned 3.4L v8 from the 1999 Taurus SHO.

Smooth, slow, and safe. I'm basically attempting to make something that's part-Volvo (good) and part-DeVille (smooth).

Any other ideas?

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Good thinking out loud session, boys.

Yep, stock Panther, especially a Grand Marquis with the airbag suspension, is really really smooth.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Holdbrooks posted:

Bunch of enablers...

Stack so fat it won't fit in my wallet. And I'm driving a former Californa highway patrol 2008 p71 To work tonight.

My buddy has a '97 Sedan DeVille with the NorthStar, and Grandmother keeps her savings in a wad of cash under the accelerator. So smooth.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Obligatory "yeah, it's got a HEMI" bumper sticker

sports
Sep 1, 2012
MATLOCK

sports
Sep 1, 2012
There's a common mod involving taking a Mustang manual transmission and putting it in an LTD.

If only it could be ~on column~ shifting. That would at least save time and precious hands real estate for the Chivas bottle, the burrito, and the occasional Pall Mall, in any combination.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

Generally its probably due to similar reasons why I jumped ship. AI guys typically work hard, manual jobs (obviously there are exceptions) and at the end of the day it's nice to be able to just sit down and not have to deal with bullshit after your work day. I'm 28 years old and my hips and knees feel like theyre 40 and I can't hardly walk down the stairs in the morning without sounding like I've stuffed a roll of bubble wrap down my pants. The Vic is nice in that regard. Everything works, its comfortable compared to my previous cars, but I can't help but feel like I sold out. First car I've owned that has working AC and now it's got me thinking about poo poo like seat heaters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sports
Sep 1, 2012

some texas redneck posted:

The car was sponsored by a local attorney who specializes in drug and DUI/DWI cases.

Lol.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)