Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

14" buying a reasonably sensible car

:psypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

We both know some slutty old Honda is going to catch his eye in the near future.

Or aircooled VW

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

sports posted:

I really want to make the world's best cruising car.

It consists of a
-suitable Panther-bodied donor car, column-shift (with plush interior)
with a detuned 3.4L v8 from the 1999 Taurus SHO.

Smooth, slow, and safe. I'm basically attempting to make something that's part-Volvo (good) and part-DeVille (smooth).

Any other ideas?

Falcon Turbo Six

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Just out of interest, why didn't Ford put the 5.4lt V8 into the Crown Vic? Ford used the 5.4lt fairly successfully in the smaller Falcon, just seems strange they stuck with the smaller V8 in the big Vic.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Gord Bless the BL Barge :britain:

If they only were better built

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

T1g4h posted:

Speaking of blower / air issues, i've got a slightly weird one. Have the fan speed set to highest, vent knob set to off. Twist the vent knob to dash vent, and I get what can best be described as a weird squeak / growl sound, and maybe the tiniest bit of air, then nothing. It seems to actually blow a slight amount of air if I start driving and do highway speeds, but otherwise, nada. Same thing no matter what I put it on, be it floor, defrost, max a/c, etc. Changing fan speed knob also doesn't help in the slightest. I'm guessing dead blower resistor? It used to do this intermittently a year or two ago, but whacking the firewall area with a bit of pipe would fix it.

Sounds like the mechanism to control the vent door isn't opening properly. I know some Fords use vacuum to control vent doors, so there might be a crack in the hose.