Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Looking into this myself, as I've got the split bench in my '10 CVPI, and the driver's side bolster is worn to poo poo. Wanting to go to buckets, but haven't found any I can get for a price yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Anybody have any solid suggestions on where to find a pair of CVPI front buckets? Mine has the split bench for some reason, and the bolster on the driver's side is hosed six ways from Sunday, but the local yards aren't giving me any luck. I'm used to Jeeps, where aftermarket seats rain from the sky. :)

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 15, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Does it have bucket seats or split bench? If it's split bench definitely not a cruiser.

Not always the case. My '11 P71 is a weirdo, split bench but definitely a cruiser because I pulled the barricade out myself after I bought it.

I'm pretty sure since it's 6 years old but only has 100k on the clock that it was probably a school resource officer's car, only real interior wear is on the driver's seat.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Anyone happen to know a good source for seats?

I've got a 2011 CVPI with a split bench front, and the driver's seat has been cop-assed to death. Maybe I can get away with just pulling the covers and swapping the foam? Either way, the bolsters are so bad it's getting uncomfortable to drive and the power tilt on the backrest is nonfunctional.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I love chasing wiring issues. Mine is currently that my odometer backlight works fine when it's cold outside, but as soon as the car heats up it fades out to unreadability, and if it's hot out it stays that way. Probably a lovely connection somewhere, but I'm not going digging under the dash until spring for something that doesn't effect driving.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I adore wagons with wood-texture sides. A Good Panther.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I ought to do that. My odo's got the mysterious fading backlight going, and I'm just used to it because my XJ's cluster lights were 'whack the dashboard to see' level.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Pershing posted:

Anybody got a good source for interior parts (i.e. replacement seats, etc.). I'm ready to pay a little more to avoid the junkyard. 01 Marquis LS if it matters.

Good luck. I've been trying to find a decent source of aftermarket CVPI seats for two years now with no joy. Pretty much resigned to just buying all new foam and restoring the current seats because all the junkyard ones I can find are cop-assed to death like mine.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'm about to take my Vic in as well.

The lack of a cabin air filter and lovely air intake placement let some tree matter get down into my blower fan housing, and I didn't notice until I could smell it. It is a stone bitch to get in there to clean that out, and I may need a professional if the evap core is full of it. Gonna give it one more shot this week, pull the blower fan and see if that lets me get a shop vac in there.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jul 9, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Unity. Eight bucks.

https://www.unityusa.com/Handle_c_2199-2-1.html

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Aug 23, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Wow, thanks, dude!
Guess I need to figure out if it's "short" or regular, but that cuts it down a lot. I need to disassemble it anyway - the light goes out in certain positions, likely dirty sliding contacts.

I had to find it for mine a few months ago. :)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I was searching for my lost wallet in the PI this week and found a gift from the Cop Fairies.

A plastic baggie full of 12GA shotgun shells under my driver's seat. Been rolling this thing around for five years with that in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Piling on the "dead coils" bandwagon. I've even had one go bad in my '05 CVPI ("random misfire", so didn't set the cats on fire). Pull the ODB2 codes, and it should even tell you which cylinder was misfiring.

Yep, same on my '10. Random misfire on 6, pulled that plug and it was nasty, so it got coils and plugs all around and hasn't had another issue in 5 years.