Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

14 INCH GRANDPA posted:

Oh my god and my tax return just showed up. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY LIFE?

Nice new ride, Dick Grandpa!

What's going on with your life? You've been busting your rear end for the past couple years... and it's paying off, that's what. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You could probably tie a string from the top of the steering wheel to the spotlight to get adaptive headlights without having to have any friends. :v:

Wouldn't that only work for the first time you turned left?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Those are some pretty terrible crush bends, it would probably sound better/move quicker with a new exhaust system.

I really like the former-service look... purposeful and you don't really need to care about it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

leica posted:

But just think of all the money and time saved on repairs and trouble shooting!

Got my steering mid shaft and firewall bearing in today, supposedly they'll make my car feel like new again, we'll see.

You didn't blur your name/address on the small label.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 3, 2013

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

leica posted:

Sure, why not.

Also thanks meatpimp for quoting and pointing that out I'm at work an can't edit pics :mad:

Took the quote out, figured you would want to know, since you wiped the main label. Good picture, though... plenty of resolution even after jpg compression!

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 3, 2013

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

11BulletCatcher posted:

They make great swamp and offroad cars too. Or mountain climbing. Hell, pretty much anything.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHvXi_HejnI

and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwPXEeJ3aI

Terrible music in both, but...

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 4, 2013

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Grandpa's avatar! Noooooooooo...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Looks damned good. I've never had darker than 30%, but I bet you'll get used to it. Like others, this thread is making me want one.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Previa_fun posted:

Paranoia's a bitch. You should have pulled up beside him and waved. :haw:

That's beautifully harsh.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

blugu64 posted:

You guys have me looking at cheap Crown Victorias now, but I have a question.

I saw this photo on one of the listings, and can't for the life of me figure out what the heck it's supposed to do. The graphic leads me to believe that it drops a boat anchor out of the car, which then ejects the seat, but that can't be right.

Top anchor point for a car seat.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

Nothing works incorrectly but I've got gigantic harnesses out the rear end going to nowhere in the trunk and under the dash. Anyone know if Carfax works on retired cruisers for shits and giggles?

Should work, I grabbed this at random from eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...=item19d9dd1c4b

Its vehicle history report flags is for "Police Use," and there aren't a lot of records, since PDs have their own maintenance and don't have to register, but theoretically it should have a report for your car available.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kimbo305 posted:

Can anyone ID these alternate small-diameter hubcaps? I've only ever seen them on my P71 -- everyone else has the flatter kind.

I miss that car :'(

They look like universal replacements, something like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-5-Lug-...its=Make%3AFord|Model%3ARanger&hash=item588fa24935&vxp=mtr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

KozmoNaut posted:

Secondly, check the wiring to your headlights. Crappy thin wires have higher resistance, which means your headlights get less power than they actually need. On some cars, rewiring with larger-gauge wire can really help the light output.

Absolutely this. I've had a couple cars that saw HUGE lighting increases just by feeding them proper power. Summit Racing sells a kits for under $30 like this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/grm-01-130/overview/

Almost plug-and-play, they just use factory wiring to trigger relays that feed directly to the headlights. You can do it yourself, but it's a cheap and easy kit that is worth it just for the time savings.