Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Who ever thought BOSE was good is a total loving retard. Its hilariously retarded, especially the integration on GM's products. (I am staring directly at the Cadillac division)

Same with Mazdas. If you want to upgrade ANYTHING to the stereo, you have to upgrade everything. Otherwise it's not balanced at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

leica posted:

That's what sucks about the Mazda 6 and 3's. I really want a 6 wagon but I can't stand the lovely integrated system. And I feel sorry for all the people that bought base models and can't upgrade the crap stereo. Bose is lovely, but it has to be better than the base unit.

The Bose unit is better than most stock stereos, but still nowhere near as good as the cheap HU and $100 speakers I had in my GTI. You can do a lot with car audio for very little coin.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Measly Twerp posted:

This thread is officially a bad influence. This is the best panther I could find:

It's a little on the large side, but at least if I bankrupted myself buying it I'd have somewhere to sleep...

Good god...you could import one from the US for significantly cheaper. That is a $10,000-12,000 car.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Red_October_7000 posted:

Just for the sake of argument, what else fits in the 4.6's place? 460 Big-block? 10cyl. from a van? I bet if the 10cyl. fit it'd go like stink. I've always had the idea kicking around my head to combine the frame and suspension from a P71 with the body of an old square Town Car, the 10-cylinder motor from a commercial truck, and some kind of stick-shift. Is that just a pipe-dream, or something do-able?

5.4 or 4.6 32v would be less work.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Perusing my IMGUR account:

Saw that one ^ parked outside the Marriott in Coralville, IA a few years ago.