Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
it's perfectly reasonable to not like SA, but it seems kind of silly to keep posting on a forum you despise. is some kind of curse involved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
it was definitely him.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Attorney at Funk posted:

I always wondered who bought those

Well, Winson got me the one that was an identical copy of Ferrinus's, for some reason.

4chan people did egg me on to buy Strength of Many his first redtext because he kept shitposting on /tg/, but I thought it would be scrubbed in a day or two and instead the mods decided that because it was kosher for the frontpage it was also kosher for the forums

Dec 26, 2012

Ferrinus posted:

oh my god it was you wasn't it. you bought the titles

remember me, ferrinus?! when i bought the titles, i posted just...like...this!

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
that was around when I decided that the first redtext kind of needed to be the last

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Bedlamdan posted:

Well, Winson got me the one that was an identical copy of Ferrinus's, for some reason.

wait that actually happened? i remember seeing that for like, the length of one page load and then refreshing and it was gone and assuming it was a weird bug

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

wait that actually happened? i remember seeing that for like, the length of one page load and then refreshing and it was gone and assuming it was a weird bug

me too!

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
feels good to air this out

Dec 26, 2012

for real though where the gently caress did all this come from lol

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

haha yeah. seriously though your reflexive invocation of, of all things, aatrek to counter any criticism of exalted is extremely telling and pathetic

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

01011001 posted:

the feywild

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

01011001 posted:

iunno, Chernobyl Peace Prize really doesn't like Exalted and/or my posts

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

haha yeah. seriously though your reflexive invocation of, of all things, aatrek to counter any criticism of exalted is extremely telling and pathetic

the hell does aatrek have to do with exalted

Dec 26, 2012

Countblanc posted:

the feywild

the feywild is the origin of astoundingly dumb tradgame drama so that follows

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

PleasingFungus posted:

it's perfectly reasonable to not like SA, but it seems kind of silly to keep posting on a forum you despise. is some kind of curse involved?

like all right-thinking people, I despise 3d reality, and yet I continue to live in it. we can't choose the path god sets out for us

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
So who got me the other one with the crotch-shot from Savant and Sorcerer

PleasingFungus posted:

I don't like the forums but I like quite a few of the people on it?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I'm glad bedlamdan didn't keep ferrinus's av b/c without it I'd have no way to tell their posts apart

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Attorney at Funk posted:

like all right-thinking people, I despise 3d reality, and yet I continue to live in it. we can't choose the path god sets out for us

same

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
reminder that Shadar-Kai in 4e are just Nineties Kids who drink ectocooler and skateboard over shoobies to remind themselves that life is as radical as you make it, because otherwise they literally die

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Bedlamdan posted:

the hell does aatrek have to do with exalted

well, for some reason you and your ilk think it constitutes some kind of telling retort whenever anyone mentions e.g. the old abyssals charm preview

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Countblanc posted:

reminder that Shadar-Kai in 4e are just Nineties Kids who drink ectocooler and skateboard over shoobies to remind themselves that life is as radical as you make it, because otherwise they literally die

I envy them their purity of essence

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Countblanc posted:

let's all talk about 4e lore so that we can have something else on this page besides bedlamdan

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

4e lore: the best of any edition of d&d

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Attorney at Funk posted:

I'm glad bedlamdan didn't keep ferrinus's av b/c without it I'd have no way to tell their posts apart

I thought about just shrugging and also changing my name to ferrinnus or something but that would've been retarded and stupid, much like when winson got me a copy of his av

Ferrinus posted:

well, for some reason you and your ilk think it constitutes some kind of telling retort whenever anyone mentions e.g. the old abyssals charm preview

I don't like things on the forums but I accept that they have gently caress-all to do with elfgames/elfgame discussion?

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Effectronica posted:

let's all talk about 4e lore so that we can have something else on this page besides bedlamdan

please

Dec 26, 2012

Effectronica posted:

i didnt roll high enough on 4e lore, i only know that edition warriors poo poo in the woods, not that they use their claws to attack

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Bedlamdan posted:

I don't like things on the forums but I accept that they have gently caress-all to do with elfgames/elfgame discussion?

i don't believe this, and indeed am inclined to lump you in with whatever shadow cabal kept buying anti-somethingawful avatars for anyone in the thread who made fun of the wrong parts of exalted

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Effectronica posted:

a friend of mine backsolved for an elaborate hierarchy of wizard training based on how many daily spells a given wizard could cast before taking a long rest

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Effectronica posted:

its funny that eberron was functionally identical to its 3.5e setting since 3.5's was already about player characters having cool secrets and agency, but forgotten realms needed to get hit with a magic meteor to reset it to factory default and be playable

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Attorney at Funk posted:

a friend of mine backsolved for an elaborate hierarchy of wizard training based on how many daily spells a given wizard could cast before taking a long rest
ferrinus' effort posts on how the different magic classes function lore-wise in 4e just using mechanics was actually really cool, like how witches were warlocks who werent taken for a ride and were smart enough to write poo poo down

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

forgotten realms is such unbelievable trash

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Countblanc posted:

ferrinus' effort posts on how the different magic classes function lore-wise in 4e just using mechanics was actually really cool, like how witches were warlocks who werent taken for a ride and were smart enough to write poo poo down

yeah, in opposite land

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

i don't believe this, and indeed am inclined to lump you in with whatever shadow cabal kept buying anti-somethingawful avatars for anyone in the thread who made fun of the wrong parts of exalted

it's inherently self-defeating to buy anti-somethingawful avatars when doing so involves paying money to somethingawful.

I did buy Strength of Many one of those avatars though, but I think they didn't really have much to do with forums patriotism, overall

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Attorney at Funk posted:

I just realized that the four supernatural power sources correlate to the four sources of magic in Greg Stafford's GloranthaTM.

Also I remember Ferrinus saying that the shard of evil Tharizdun used to make the Abyss was a remnant of the previous universe and I want to know what book that's from so I can buy it.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Countblanc posted:

i need to see these

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

jesus christ

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

AHAH!

Motherfuckers, this is so a D&D thread, loving caught you.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bedlamdan posted:

4chan people did egg me on to buy Strength of Many his first redtext because he kept shitposting on /tg/, but I thought it would be scrubbed in a day or two and instead the mods decided that because it was kosher for the frontpage it was also kosher for the forums

ah cool you are the one who bought someone an av with an underaged anime girl getting throat hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Leperflesh posted:

AHAH!

Motherfuckers, this is so a D&D thread, loving caught you.

4e isn't d&d, this is widely known

• Locked thread