Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Speak clearly and don't slur your words. Ladies love proper diction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Speak clearly, y'know, like a normal human being.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Speak clearly. Not only will this demonstrate our eloquence to Ms. Arata, but it will leave a good impression on the person on the other end of the phone, which will in turn have a positive long-term impact on the overall growth of the company. :smug:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
:f5: Bonus Update :f5:

Since the ‘tap enter key’ bad choice from before is partly me and the game fault for being too vague, and since you all have been voting it correctly for the rest of the choices so far, I will change this part into the correct choice instead! Especially since this part have a larger relation boost than the others.

Phew…
It’s finally done…

Incidentally, this is also his ‘kind face’, which is a bad choice since he overdoes it at the other choice.

Please check it!

As I said, huge boost that we missed. :clint:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Loud 1
Whisper 2
Clear 7
Silent 4

Nice to meet you sir, I am Tateishi Kanta!
Yes, uh huh, yes. Understood, hm hmm, and then?

End of the work day…

The day’s work is finally over.
Excuse me, Kanta…
Hm?
That… hmm... if you won’t mind…
!

Please help me with my work!
Ehh!? Sure--

This is too obvious, so I will pick C again and continue.

(This really is… my lucky break!)

Of course I would help!
Thank you very much!

Overtime hours…

Let’s take a break!
Ah, alright! I will go get some coffee!
Thanks.

Sometime later…

Sorry for the wait.
Ah, thanks a lot!
Thanks for the hard work!

By the way, what do you do on your free time after work?
Hmm? Things I do after work?
Yeah.
That would be… umm…

This is a very important choice, vote very carefully.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 8, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We need to show her that we're interested in more than her kawaii anime looks. Ask about her.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Well poo poo, this could go either way. Ask about her hobbies. seems like the safe bet, but is it too safe!? Better to not be self-absorbed I guess.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

This is a tough one. On the one hand, if you change the subject to the other person's hobbies immediately after being asked a direct question like that, it can look like you're dodging the question. Listening to the other person is important, but so is coming off as interesting yourself. In the ideal scenario, you'd describe what you like to do, answer any questions he or she might ask about your interests, and then turn the subject around.

On the other hand, I'm not entirely sure that she'd want to know what this guy in particular gets up to on his own time. Ask her about her hobbies first.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Ask her first. Can we see all of the choices we didn't pick at some point?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Ask about her's because if we say something she doesn't like, you can't get out of it. If she says anything, we can just pretend we like it too.

Raldan
Oct 21, 2010

HH Challenge Caster
(Pls no bm)
Not answering her question just to reverse it back on her is weird. I would say it first. You can ask about her after you answer. Knowing our protagonist though, he's probably going to gently caress it all up and creep her out.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Speculation
Yep, what a dilemma!

Obscil posted:

Can we see all of the choices we didn't pick at some point?
I plan to make a bonus Failure update for each girl and pick all the interesting choice you didn't pick.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 8, 2013

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Say it first.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Ask about her hobbies first like a real subject-changing jerk.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
What do I do after work? Why, my hobby is deflecting people's questions away from myself!

Well, I already got one wrong with the enter key, so who knows if my logic follows this game's logic. But I vote Option B

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Let's not seem avoidant by deflecting the question and just say it first.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
Since we are in a Japanese dating game we probably have some terrible hobbies that we will take to our graves so lets ask her first.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ladies first.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Go first.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.
Are we going to get to see what the wrong answers look like when we're all done? Because I really want to see how :iamafag: our hero can get.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's as if you people don't even know how Kanta works at this point. Whatever hobbies he has cannot turn out good.

Ladies first.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Terper posted:

It's as if you people don't even know how Kanta works at this point. Whatever hobbies he has cannot turn out good.

Ladies first.

Yeah, between the thought on "It have arrived" and the fantasy which becamed the typoed thread title this is probably not a man who should be openly revealing his hobbies. Let her go first

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, there's no way talking about ourselves here will pan out well. Ask about her hobbies!

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Hobbies: playing dating sims.

The answer is clear.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Say it first. Let her be dazzled by your tasteful and sophisticated time-wasters.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Terper posted:

Ladies first.

Yeah, we can't risk it. Divert the question and Ask about her hobbies

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Say it!

I'm almost certain this will backfire but I want to know myself.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Say it

Gotta be a man and if you fail being honest, so be it.
I really like the main character for some reason. :)

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

The_Frag_Man posted:

Say it

Gotta be a man and if you fail being honest, so be it.

This! Real man don't dodge questions!

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

There are already some amazing potential avatars in this thread.

and just say it no woman will respect us if we're like "oh you first. yeah we do the exact same thing as you do!"

On the other hand with what this guy considers to be "lightly tapping the enter key" he will probably tell her how he takes upskirt photos on commuter trains or something. oh well.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Ask her.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

This is amazing. Our protagonist is literally a manchild. Say it first.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Her first 13
Me first 10

Before that…
Eh?
What do you do on your free time?
Ehh! Me?
Yep.
Hmm…
You really want to know?
Yes!

We have voted, there’s no going back!

I really want to knooooow.
Reaaaally?
Yes, yes!
Hmm…
What do you do?
I’m at leisure during the weekend.

Nice way to say: "She doesn’t have a hobby", but she’s happy you care about her.

Hmmm, I see…
Oh and as for me.
Yeah?
On my off hours…
Yes ?
Generally, I…

Good job goons, we won’t have been able to ask about her hobby if we talk about ours first since Kanta can be such a topic killer.

But now that the toughest choice is out of the way, we have saved enough points for three of the choices here to be safe, and their sub-choices are also safe to pick (including the horrible one). Just don’t pick the wrong one here and we can almost win her heart!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 8, 2013

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Watch movies, seems like the safe option.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

She was really impressed with our work ethics before, let's go with that again. Our favorite hobby is Appeasing our corporate overlords

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Oh, wow. Three of these options may be safe, but it isn't obvious which one isn't safe. Participate in group activity.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Participating in group activities on the weekends sounds so stiff. Let's watch movies instead, even though movies suck now days.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Watch movies since that offers the opportunity to pull the old yawn-and-stretch gambit.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
We watch movies and comment over them for the Internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008
Watch Movies. It seems safe and is easy to relate to, so she would be able to easily join in. Washing sounds kind of lame and weird, and if we say overtime, then she might think the time we spent helping her was simply because of our weird obsession with work.

• Locked thread