Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Holy crap, a new thread.

I'd like to note after 20 minutes of playing with NAM 31 - it's going to be awesome. ...once they fix all the bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

*PUNCH* posted:

Hahaha which pack is that? I've got beef with SimGoober because he makes ugly stuff that's requisite for a lot of other stuff, but most of BSC is pretty allright (other than being gigantic neckbeards.)

You've tried rendering in software, right? You could also try using this: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28544-sc4-launcher It looks like it gives you more options. Are you using an ATI card out of curiosity? Reading the notes for that launcher, I get the impression SC4 doesn't play nicely on them.

You absolutely can. There may be a few .png and .jpeg files in there to remove; the pack is still in beta, so the filing isn't as neat as it should be. Frankly, I'm not looking forward to doing it. The game will load faster the second or third time around, though.

It's my pack. I did that because I was up until 4 in the morning downloading all those dependencies, and they still had the gall to put "DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE" several times in each package. gently caress those guys.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

jerkstore77 posted:

How the hell has simtropolis remained the biggest community site for this game? As long as I can remember, it's been horribly slow and terrible. I can't believe it has the community it does.

The only other one is SC4 Devotion, which has such a horrible community that I'm pretty sure even the server they run it on has autism.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Fewd posted:

KillHour, I wanna try that Alanuk map but it needs this terrain mod. If I recall correctly, your pack already had graphics things in it. Is it going to break everything if I drop that terrain mod in there? :ohdear:

I don't think so. Give it a shot - worst case, you just have to remove it (or go searching for the conflict).

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Uh, yeah, don't I? In SimCity games don't you want to generally keep the RCI graphs close to zero? The Ag bar is pegged to the top of the graph no matter what I do.

Plopped down a school, will see what that does.

Zoning agriculture will just increase demand. If you want to kill Agriculture demand, zone a bunch of dirty industry.

Also, keeping your RCI graph close to zero isn't what you're "supposed" to do. You generally want a high demand in whatever you want to build.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

jadebullet posted:

Meh, I prefer doing stuff custom. It just feels more rewarding that way. Plus the area that I am setting my region in (Northeast PA) probably wouldn't transfer over well into Sim City because of all of the mountains.

Anyway, because it was requested, I took two pics of my region so far. (ignore the two different texture sets. I made the river while I was downloading the old fashioned pack and haven't updated it yet.)

Holy crap. You're going to upload this before you start building cities, right?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Good lord. How many city tiles are on that?

I really want to see the King of Sperglords do an incredible fantasy Japan on that map.

So that means you're going to do it in your LP? :haw:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

bobthedinosaur posted:

Yeah, but my realism! I want the tiny hick town in the middle of the map between the two major cities to make its' money from speedtrapping passerbys.

So you're making the Sim City version of Corfu, NY? :v:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

You forgot stage four, punching walls because inexplicably the game stops working. One bug fix leads to two more bugs, and down the rabbit hole we go.

And yet, it's STILL the best City God-Game ever made.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Why are you saving by yourself like a chump?

http://www.thehobbykingdom.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3621

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Mister Adequate posted:

I love making gated communities for the wealthy, just because you get more opportunity to sculpt things real nicely. Same reason I like making parks. This is a very nice gated community and were I an unfairly wealthy sim, I would consider it for a home.

This, but then I target it for a meteor shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Keetron posted:

Is that mod free and 9*9?

No, but it's loving gorgeous. :swoon:

Do you have a higher res screenshot?

• Locked thread