Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Drone posted:

I'm having the most annoying problem. I was having some performance issues after installing the Old-Fashioned Pack, so at the advice of MikeJF from this very thread, I switched to using Software rendering, since apparently Hardware rendering in game is terribly broken. Since switching, the game itself loads fine and I get to the region view as normal. But when I click on one of my cities, the loading screen appears (Reticulating Splines, etc) and eventually the game just crashes to desktop.

When I switch back to Hardware rendering, this crash doesn't happen. The game is still slow as hell but it doesn't crash.

Any ideas? I've tried both fullscreen at my native resolution and windowed at 1024x768, and it's still the same.

*PUNCH* posted:

One thing you should know about this pack: the very beautiful HD terrain mods unfortunately require the game to be run in hardware mode; if hardware mode gives you trouble, delete the folder “terrainmods” and it should run in software with little trouble.

Looks like delete that folder and you are good to go (sans the sweet HD terrain).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread