Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Wooh, new thread!

For trash, you might also like this plasma gasification plant. It takes trash and produces electricity through plasma gasification. It's pretty similar to the waste-to-energy plant in game, except it produces much less pollution. Also, it looks cool. :colbert:

(And I'm really, really afraid to catch up with the SC thread...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

On trams, if you're using RTMT, be careful when placing pieces not to mouse over a currently placed piece with your cursor. It'll crash the game. (I think Grand Fromage talks about it in his LP and it happened to me once :negative:)

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Agh, help me. :negative: Windows 8 Pro, Intel Core i5-2410M, graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 3000, 4GBs of RAM (it's a laptop). SimCity 4 was working perfectly well with just the -CPUCount:1 thing under Windows 7 Professional, but now, no matter how I run it (I've tried -CPUpriority:high, messing with the resolution, windowing, -d:Software...), it just won't start. As in, I can run it from Steam or the desktop and a window will pop up that says "GDriver Window - DirectX" and then its title changes to "SimCity 4" and then the window goes away and the game stops running. :confused:

It won't even get to the intro screen, and I've also tried -intro:off and -audio:off. All of my drivers are updated and windows 8 (64-bit) is fully updated. I've tried with and without plugins in the folder (and I nuked all of my saved games since I was planning on redoing my plugins anyway) and the same thing persists when I uninstall and reinstall via Steam. I've also tried running in XP service pack 3 and Windows 7 compatibility mode, but that doesn't do anything either. In fact, I don't even get the "GDriver Window - DirectX" thing with XP compatibility, just a black box that goes away after a few seconds. Every other game I've played in the meantime works well (I had to do some edits for KotOR I, but that's otherwise it). I have DirectX 11 and the only thing I can think of is that I need to download an earlier version of DirectX, I guess from Microsoft??

I've verified the game cache and nothing seems to be missing. When I open the task manager while the window is still up, it just says SimCity 4 is not responding. I just want to build cities. :(

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

There should be a readme in there that tells you which .dat files are single prop and which are prop families so you know which to delete. Although if you're having trouble, I can upload my RTMT folder and you'll just have to deal with what I chose. :v:

I still can't get the game working on Windows 8 though, see my previous post. :sigh:

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Starhawk posted:

That sounds great actually. And yes it does have a 6225 word readme. :psyduck:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vdmhrlgshr6s8nk

It's right-hand driving, so I hope you're not from the UK (you can just swap in the UK variants though). According to the list I keep of my folder structure, I have the TH bus sign model, the Roman timetable, a red shelter phonebooth, the long modern overhang for the GLR stations, a London Underground subway entrance, and the Big Blue bus stop.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Dapper Dan posted:

I recently reinstalled SC4 and I can't seem to find combined road/subway/bus/rail stations mod. I remember it being a lifesaver in terms of space. Anyone know where I might find it?
It's called RTMT (Road-Top Mass Transit). If you don't feel like mucking about with deleting .dat files, I uploaded my set.

Autumncomet posted:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vdmhrlgshr6s8nk

It's right-hand driving, so I hope you're not from the UK (you can just swap in the UK variants though). According to the list I keep of my folder structure, I have the TH bus sign model, the Roman timetable, a red shelter phonebooth, the long modern overhang for the GLR stations, a London Underground subway entrance, and the Big Blue bus stop.

Also, does anyone have any ideas about this? :sigh:

Autumncomet posted:

Agh, help me. :negative: Windows 8 Pro, Intel Core i5-2410M, graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 3000, 4GBs of RAM (it's a laptop). SimCity 4 was working perfectly well with just the -CPUCount:1 thing under Windows 7 Professional, but now, no matter how I run it (I've tried -CPUpriority:high, messing with the resolution, windowing, -d:Software...), it just won't start. As in, I can run it from Steam or the desktop and a window will pop up that says "GDriver Window - DirectX" and then its title changes to "SimCity 4" and then the window goes away and the game stops running. :confused:

It won't even get to the intro screen, and I've also tried -intro:off and -audio:off. All of my drivers are updated and windows 8 (64-bit) is fully updated. I've tried with and without plugins in the folder (and I nuked all of my saved games since I was planning on redoing my plugins anyway) and the same thing persists when I uninstall and reinstall via Steam. I've also tried running in XP service pack 3 and Windows 7 compatibility mode, but that doesn't do anything either. In fact, I don't even get the "GDriver Window - DirectX" thing with XP compatibility, just a black box that goes away after a few seconds. Every other game I've played in the meantime works well (I had to do some edits for KotOR I, but that's otherwise it). I have DirectX 11 and the only thing I can think of is that I need to download an earlier version of DirectX, I guess from Microsoft??

I've verified the game cache and nothing seems to be missing. When I open the task manager while the window is still up, it just says SimCity 4 is not responding. I just want to build cities. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I got it to work on Windows 8. :dance:

Strangely enough, the last time it didn't work, I had dat-packed in the high-tech jobs fix with something from CAM and Simcity_1.dat but this time I didn't. So while there's double-demand in certain areas thanks to both CAM and the high-tech jobs fix, at least it runs. :)

I have NAM, CAM, SPAM, RTMT, fixes like the opera house, schools, and space port, some HD terrain mods, and random poo poo like the plasma gasification plant I posted about on page one.

• Locked thread