Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Zaodai posted:

I've got Sim City 4 on Steam (despite not remembering buying it), and I read the section with command line parameters to get it running on a multicore system. Does this play nice with Windows 7 (and 64 bit systems in particular)?

If so, I can't wait to play this. :allears: The new Sim City has giving me a real urge to play a good Sim City game.

I can't explain it but I've had zero problems with SC4 since upgrading to Windows 7. Windows XP, on the other hand, started giving it poo poo after I got a new video card. Same card, Windows 7, problems vanish. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
So just how bad of a debacle was SimCity 5, anyway? I never bought it after hearing about the always on DRM and multiplayer only crap. I read a little of the thread but it's just too much of a behemoth to sit and read all of.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Squiggle posted:

Edit: and while I'm whining, is there a way to turn off Rush Hour car icosn that I am no doubt blindly missing?

It's in the MySim/uDriveIt screen. There's a little button that you can toggle off. It turns off those icons. Why they're on by default is a mystery to me.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Everyday Lurker posted:

Heh. Nope.

And that's after DatPacking as many plugins as I could without inviting brown boxes or CTDs. Despite the folder creation date, many of those plugins date all the way back to 2006.

With a SSD, it takes 5 minutes to open SC4 with all of these plugins and another 3 to 5 minutes to open any large city.

New thread title. Sim City 4: Let's Compare Packages.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Gorelab posted:

Is there any way to get poor people out of $$$ wealth buildings? Also what's the best way to get demand for the rich and middle class up? I don't really have a lot of low value area so I have a lot of zones without much growth even though I have crazy demand for $ wealth people.

Check traffic noise. Rich people loving hate living on noisy streets. Don't expect rich folks to live near a major artery. This is also where city planning comes into play, as you need to ensure that a lot of people aren't driving past rich people buildings. If the road they live on is noisy they won't live there no matter how many services the locale has.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

kinnas posted:

What about the university? Does it dish out higher education only on its own square or does it have regionwide effects?

No, it only educates the city it's in. It does, however, cover the whole city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Nition posted:

Does anyone here actually use Rush Hour's silly U-Drive-It feature?

There's a landing strip mission where you fart out clouds over some squares that say VU that gives you $75,000. Your mayor rating goes down a bit in the area for some time afterwards but other than that it's basically stupidly easy money. I farted around with some other stuff but most of U-Drive-It was actually pretty stupid.

• Locked thread