Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Coming back to this after years of separation. Can you build a car-free city with the right mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

This wasn't the case with SC3 right? That gently caress-off max population project had no roads as far as I remember.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Mock and Droll posted:

How do you guys tend to plan out each of your cities? I tend to do whatever and it looks alright to me, then I zoom out to take it all in, and dear god I've created a monster. How do I make cities that aren't butt-ugly?

MSPaint on a screenshot of the region major city centers and primary transportation arteries then go crazy.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

I haven't played since 2011. What are the biggest changes and achievements the modding scene has seen since?

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

piratepilates posted:

You say the original Simcity, but hell no one here is playing SimCity 4 -- we're all playing SimCity 4 plus the Rush Hour expansion, plus NAM and CAM mods which change so much of the underlying game and have had 10 years for the community to create, plus whatever else is in the multiple GB modpacks that are in the OP of this thread.

If you aren't excited about C:S right now, then you should be excited at how moddable it is, how well it's doing for the developer (who have committed to continuing development for it), and how good of a base game it is for the future to improve upon.

This is exactly what I wanted to post. I mean jesus, look how many mods are being shat out and it's barely been a month. Get stoked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

http://www.oskarstalberg.com/game/house/Index.html

Same dude: http://oskarstalberg.com/game/CityGenerator/

Bouchacha fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 20, 2015

• Locked thread