Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
This really is the best ESPer manga, and I am glad that you made this thread, so that, escaping the confines of my "Surreal Daily Life Mangas" thread, more people will know about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

That was absolutely great. It's like the perfect sort of "serious" humor story that they talked about a lot in a part of Bakuman, where everything is totally taken seriously, but the situation is just hilariously absurd. This guy is a mad genius.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Live strong, Anzu. Live strong! :unsmith:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rexides posted:

Anzu is the best kid :unsmith:

Is there any other manga that deals with poverty in neither a completely comical nor a tearjerking way? I like how this manga shows the seriousness of her situation without feeling exploitative about it.

Oliver Twist. :v:

I haven't seen another manga that has what you're looking for, actually! The only manga I've ever read other than this that features homelessness in a big way is Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa and that's a pretty tearjerking, tense and serious manga.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Kleptobot posted:

Two more chapters!

The middle school detectives (also Hina) try to find out what Mishima's been up to after school while the teacher is still clueless or maintaining plausible deniability. Can they save her from her side job?

This chapter was so funny! I kept chuckling and giggling throughout the whole thing. It's really hilarious seeing all the wild conclusions they leap to and the ensuing ridiculous faces.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - http://mangafox.me/manga/hinamatsuri/v06/c029/1.html

EDIT: Another hapless classmate gets sucked into Hina's vortex of chaos. :allears:

By the look of it, it seems like more than just the hapless classmate got sucked into Hina's vortex of chaos! Which is the best thing about this.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mary Annette posted:

Chapter 31!

You know what we were all saying about any one of the girls being able to carry their own manga?

Jesus Christ, Hitomi.

:lol: Oh my god. Oh my god, I'm dying here. :laffo:

I really am, my face is numb because I can't breathe due to all the laughter! Oh poor, poor Hitomi. She really just became fast-tracked to a top career at the age of 12! And all because she just went with what other people said!! Isn't this child labor?? It's so marvelously surreal even without a spacey psychic girl! Never stop suffering. Never.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 12, 2013

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

We're back! With a touching story about achieving your dreams.

The moment they mentioned school play starring Hina I just knew it was going to devolve, SKET-Dance-style into a complete and hilarious trainwreck!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Chapter 34

I'm not sure whether you could call that lady extremely dedicated or hilariously lazy.

Oh my god. :lol:

"For the first time in my life I feel a strong urge to beat an old woman to death." HILARIOUS.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Latest Chapter, about Anzu this time.

... Aww c'mon. Don't do that! You're seriously gonna make me cry!! :unsmith:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I just went back and read all the Anzu chapters again. Aww. There's just... something about these "Orphans with a Heart of Gold" stories...! :cry:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

And now she's mastered horse-racing as well. One more step on her way to being the richest character in the series.

Also, apparently, she suffers from ulcers due to stress. With this and the horse racing, she's become a middle-aged man at the age of 14!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I thought they were High School seniors -- or so I was told when I asked this very question a while ago.

EDIT: Hahahaha. I thought this was the Koe No Katachi thread!! :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

What do you want to bet that the third esper girl is actually a really nice (but perhaps clueless) person, just like Anzu? Also, :lol: at Hina still thinking that she'll get her head taken off even though she's not wearing the head-chop-off necklace!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Coconut-Hina is the best Hina.:colbert:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

You know what, "The daily life of a middle school girl who's working as an ordinary office worker" would be an amazing idea for an anime.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

It's finally become the esper battle manga that we've all been waiting for. :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Latest chapter

Nitta's hilarious trend of continuing to fall upwards and upwards continues! At this rate he's going to accidentally become the greatest yakuza in all of history!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

:perfect:

Oh my god. Hitomi ... she's gonna rule the entire world someday, isn't she?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Awwww, Anzu is such a sweet and pure child. She has all the appeal of a hard-working, yet innocent and good-natured orphan. :unsmith: It was hilarious seeing her innocence slowly chip away at Nitta's sanity.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh Mao. :allears: She's so crazy, and yet despite it all she's probably the most talented esper of them all. Anzu's pretty weak, and Hina's ludicrously powerful, but Mao seems to have real talent. But I love how she's just a complete lunatic.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Well, I'm glad that Ikaruga found happiness. :unsmith:

Also, I love how despite all that, Mao is still a slightly insane person who talks to dolls and moves them with her mind. It's amazing how despite being an esper manga, we haven't really seen displays of esper powers in dozens of chapters!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Anzu and Hitomi are both good girls, but they're just made to stand out more thanks to Hina's presence. So Hina's presence is necessary if only through contrast.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Yet another new chapter - http://bato.to/reader#7c96a8aa432d0f38_1

In which Hina is a good girl too and Nitta continues to fall ever upwards through the Yakuza ranks.

Psychic powers make their reappearance in the most mundane and therefore most perfect manner. It seems that Hina has become at least a bit more attentive with age.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ah! So everything was alright in the end anyway. That's good to see. :unsmith: I think the author of this series has a good heart.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

new chapter

there's only one character who isn't a fundamentally broken human being in this whole series

:stare: Mao... you're starting to scare me.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - https://bato.to/reader#d174d6f467002a34

In which "Be careful what you wish for" has never been more personal.

My god, the boy is terrifying!! He's like an alien or an AI or something.

boredsatellite posted:

Nitta ended up with a pretty good esper now that we think about it

Yes, but... Anzu is better.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

New chapter.

With great brain powers come great brain problems.

This is fantastic. Exactly what I came for. I mean, the daily life fun adventures of Hitomi and Nitta are fun and all, but getting back to the roots of ridiculous esper powers being used by kinda dumb espers is a great return to form. And it all worked out fine anyway!

Also, ANIME ANNOUNCEMENT :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

What do you mean it's weird? I can't see anything but a normal high school girl!