Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
movax
Aug 30, 2008

I want pictures of these attractive Swedish female sailors.

Also awesome thread OP, my current knowledge of submarine stuff is from Tom Clancy, sooooooooooooooo :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

movax
Aug 30, 2008

What's the smell actually of? (assuming it isn't an ultra-classified noise-remover in an aerosol can :tinfoil:) I only ask because amines are a class of compounds, and not a single element, but it's been ages since I took Orgo/Biochem.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Snowdens Secret posted:

The Air Force isn't exactly awash with glory over missile management right now, and putting a couple seamen and officers in a hole and locking the door for a week has closer analogues to shipboard life than anything else the USAF does. Also in the long run it makes more sense to associate Space Command stuff with the Navy (again, because deep space ops are closer to deep ocean ops than anything atmospheric) and those rockets and the doomsday ones go somewhat hand in hand.

It's always Space Navy in science-fiction (except for Stargate I guess and we all saw how that ended up) :colbert:

almighty posted:

And which country has 'pretty decent' ASW forces right now?

How are the Brits doing these days, still hemorrhaging institutional knowledge like none other?

movax
Aug 30, 2008

I'm dumb, what's the deal with the number badge part of your story?

• Locked thread