Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grrr-Krishnakk
Jul 17, 2005

PUPPIES!
I know nothing about life on a sub so this is probably some basic/inane poo poo. Anyhoo:

* What is the food like? Is there any cooking on board, or is there no way to get rid of the smoke/steam?
* What's the deepest have you ever been on deployment?
* Are there any crazy medical things that happen at those kinds of depths? Have you personally ever had any pressure-related ailments?
* Any stories about crewmen going stir-crazy? What's the onboard treatment for such?
* Do you see any whale pods or similar large wildlife? Is there a protocol for steering around whales, that sort of thing?

Edit: Oh and last one, how much privacy do you get? How do you get some solitude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grrr-Krishnakk
Jul 17, 2005

PUPPIES!

Sacrilage posted:

2. Classified, sorry :) Read wikipedia.

It was the only thing that I suspected would be. Thanks for the answers dude!

And more questions!

* What do you do in the limited time you have off? What does one do for fun on a fast attack sub?
* Do you ever find it difficult acclimating to the sub environment after time on land or vice-versa?
* (Personal, feel free to ignore) How does your wife deal with your absences?
* I'm a nurse, so forgive these medical questions, but how comprehensive are your med services? Say someone picks up an STI in port fairly early in the deployment; would they be able to be diagnosed and treated using onboard services?

Grrr-Krishnakk fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Mar 10, 2013

• Locked thread