Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Treguna Mekoides
Jun 17, 2008

A witch is always a lady except when circumstances dictate otherwise.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

What's wrong with 'Happy' or 'Bashful'?

I was as confused as you. "WTF? How is this offensive?" A formerly-living-in-a-bullshit-Southern-town straight male friend explained it thusly (paraphrased):

"It's like a solidarity thing, I guess. If you pick 'Happy,' then the other guy has to go with 'Bashful' or something worse (e.g. Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy). They're doing a 'bro code' thing and not throwing the other guy under the bus by just grabbing at 'Happy.' That's all I can guess. I don't have to tell you that some straight women of a certain background are really tight-lipped about their sex lives. Both men are not willing to insinuate anything about their wives that might not be true or too risque on TV. They sense impeding relegation to the couch, I guess. If they insinuate'Happy,' even in marriage, that can be interpreted as slutty by moronic types, and 'Bashful' or anything else is simply unappealing. They are not willing to equate their wives with a dwarf because fantasy dwarves are largely considered unattractive and some partners are just really sensitive. I don't get it, but whatever. Only morons seem to play on this show anyway."

Some people crazy.

Treguna Mekoides has a new favorite as of 11:11 on Mar 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread