Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

fallin1 posted:

...just got back from Lexington Comic Con.

Your Leon turned out great! Next time you should see about getting a wig for the hair, would really complete the costume!

Also jeez those Megazords. :aaaaa: Were you able to tell what the costumes were made from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

fallin1 posted:

Couple of Carplays too.

Don't these belong to someone on these forums?

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Lord Chumley posted:

Don't these belong to someone on these forums?

Not sure if those particular cars are Boomerjinks's or not, but Boomerjinks is who you're thinking of!

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
There are no fewer than forty replicas of each throughout the country.

Tulsa, Oklahoma has four Jeeps.

It's amusing to see dozens of people from all over the country all go "THAT GUY LIVES BY ME" whenever one is posted :)

One of our members is a big Knight Rider guy, but he's also a pretty great dad.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Okay, first MegaCon 2013 photo dump incoming. These are all off of my cell phone. I took a regular camera too, but I can't find the transfer cable right now, so I'll have to do another post when I can track it down. Fair warning, for some reason I was having issues with both my cell phone and my camera all day so a few of the pictures didn't take until after the person had stopped posing and was turning away.

First, and one of my favorites, is Maya with a rolling puppet Claptrap from Borderlands 2

Sexy Captain America

A modern Supergirl, who started moving before my camera went off but who looked perfect. A pretty good Silk Spectre snuck in on the right

Gotta have an R2!

I never managed to get a clear shot of this guy, which sucks because he is a dead ringer for Chris Hemsworth, to the extent that I thought for a second he actually was Chris wandering around the floor in his Thor costume

Superman and Princess Leia. Pretty sure the dude was just That Ripped. He was one of only two Supermen that I saw

An amazing Rocketeer, who patiently stayed in his pose until I gave him the thumbs up

A pretty good Tony Stark. His Arc Reactor was insanely bright.

Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden. He told me he had a Murphy with him, but she was lost and wandering around the Con trying to find him. I told him he needed to use a locator spell and he cracked up. Cool dude.

:zoid:

[Right Hook]

Gonna keep looking for my camera cable, though I make no promises about the picture quality. Like I said, for some reason my camera just didn't like the lighting in the convention center.

EDIT: Nearly forgot about two of the best ones!

\:sun:/

And the supergreen Ruby Rhod!

EDIT 2: holy crap I had no idea these pictures were so huge. Give me some time to size them down and I'll make this page not be a bandwidth killer.

EDIT 3: That should be slightly less crazy now.

Polaron has a new favorite as of 19:56 on Mar 17, 2013

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

TheTofuShop posted:

Your Leon turned out great! Next time you should see about getting a wig for the hair, would really complete the costume!

Also jeez those Megazords. :aaaaa: Were you able to tell what the costumes were made from?

Cardboard and thin sheet metal reinforcement.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Boomerjinks posted:

One of our members is a big Knight Rider guy, but he's also a pretty great dad.

Mark VII instead of the triangle chest? Nice to know the kid's got style :smuggo:

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
Some more shots from today. I only had an hour today due to work but I did see some pretty decent costumes.

NCR Ranger/Raider/Doctor

Obligatory self shot.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Polaron posted:

:swoon: This is awesome! I mean, so green! How many cosplays are out from the Fifth Element that aren't Leeloo?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Desperado Bones posted:

:swoon: This is awesome! I mean, so green! How many cosplays are out from the Fifth Element that aren't Leeloo?

He and his posse were being videotaped wishing some guy's daughter a happy birthday when I walked by later. It was super :3:

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?

Polaron posted:

I think the best part about this is that it's a group cosplay and the other guys are his yes-men.

The Adama
Jan 6, 2003

EJO has always got your back. Shouldn't you return the favor?

fallin1 posted:

Some more shots from today. I only had an hour today due to work but I did see some pretty decent costumes.

NCR Ranger/Raider/Doctor

I just started playing New Vegas, and was wondering if anyone had done a decent Ranger yet. I've been trying to think of something to use my 3D printer for, and the mask seemed like something I could model myself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CantDecideOnAName posted:

I think the best part about this is that it's a group cosplay and the other guys are his yes-men.

Yeah, that's real dedication. The rest of those guys are kind of dull (as characters) but having them around just brings the whole thing to another level.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

(no idea where it came from, I got the picture from tumblr)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want to revamp our Krang costume from Halloween for the Calgary Expo next month, but I still can't find a yellow hoodie. I had to use a raincoat before and lasted about 5 minutes, it's ungodly hot and there's no way I'm wearing it in a crowded place all day. Anyone know where I can find a basic yellow hoodie and yellow sweatpants with no wording on them? It's surprisingly difficult, none of the places I expected carry anything close.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Opopanax posted:

I want to revamp our Krang costume from Halloween for the Calgary Expo next month, but I still can't find a yellow hoodie. I had to use a raincoat before and lasted about 5 minutes, it's ungodly hot and there's no way I'm wearing it in a crowded place all day. Anyone know where I can find a basic yellow hoodie and yellow sweatpants with no wording on them? It's surprisingly difficult, none of the places I expected carry anything close.

have you tried H&M or American Apparel? Or just Amazon? The color Yellow is pretty much in style. Maybe more difficult to find in Canada I guess.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Funhilde posted:

have you tried H&M or American Apparel? Or just Amazon? The color Yellow is pretty much in style. Maybe more difficult to find in Canada I guess.

You know, you'd think by 2013 I'd understand that you can buy anything online. I'll try Amazon.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

m2pt5 posted:

(no idea where it came from, I got the picture from tumblr)

came from this maybe :nws:
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/halolz-dot-com-pokemon-teamfortress2-4chan-giveme-your-hat.jpg

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Opopanax posted:

I could also help, I work for a company that orders in tons of wholesale garments. Feel free to PM me if you can't find anything that works for you.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Opopanax posted:

You know, you'd think by 2013 I'd understand that you can buy anything online. I'll try Amazon.

I make costumes and clothing for a living. The internet is my friend.

Some non serious Content. My cat as Gandalf because..why not.

Also my favorite LSP

and Dexter and DeeDee

Funhilde has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Mar 19, 2013

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

More specifically this followup to that one: http://www.halolz.com/2011/07/26/soldiers-new-trainer-hat/ (not NWS)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Opopanax posted:

See if these work.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Might I suggest the skin/morph suits that have become so popular lately? I used a yellow one last halloween as Dr. Rockso, and it worked out just fine. If you wear it backwards, and don't zip up the head, it's basically a one-piece hooded jumpsuit.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Choco1980 posted:

Might I suggest the skin/morph suits that have become so popular lately? I used a yellow one last halloween as Dr. Rockso, and it worked out just fine. If you wear it backwards, and don't zip up the head, it's basically a one-piece hooded jumpsuit.

I'm not exactly skinny, I don't think the skin tight body suit is the way to go for now.

That looks like it might work. Thanks.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Opopanax posted:

I'm not exactly skinny, I don't think the skin tight body suit is the way to go for now.

Well A. you'll have a baby covering the stomach, and B. They come in all sizes.

Here's me from last Halloween for illustrative purposes, AND thread content!

Peppi
May 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Choco1980 posted:

I think you proved his point.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Peppi posted:

Nah that costume is pretty much spot-on.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Opopanax posted:

I also found this which is cool.
http://www.myjumpsuit.com/bottle-rocket-jumpsuit.html

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That would be awesome, but part of my problem is that I'm never going to wear it again, so I want to try and stay under $30 all told.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Maybe you should just confuse everyone and get an April O'Neil outfit.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Are those two mother and son?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Opopanax posted:

Anyone know where I can find a basic yellow hoodie and yellow sweatpants with no wording on them? It's surprisingly difficult, none of the places I expected carry anything close.

If it's any easier/cheaper to get them in white (natural fibers) it'd be super easy and super cheap to dye them yellow.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Peppi posted:

He's pretty much the perfect Doctor Rockso.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Benny the Snake posted:

Are those two mother and son?

I don't think so. Some dude just kinda shoved his kid up there for a photo.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Funhilde posted:

I make costumes and clothing for a living. The internet is my friend.

Some non serious Content. My cat as Gandalf because..why not.

Elmer's got enough of a beard that you barely need the fake one! Such a cutie!

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

That's hardly authentic. I can't see your junk through your jumpsuit.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Found this making the rounds on Tumblr.

Question for the thread. I was thinking about doing an Ishimaru cosplay from Dangan Ronpa but I'm not entirely sure if I should just try to find and buy a school uniform or try to make it myself. I assume I'd go insane trying to do it my way, but I'm not entirely sure where to find one. Does anyone know where I can pick something like this up?

Of course getting the eyebrows right and the colored contacts will be an issue for later.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dr. Hurt posted:

Question for the thread. I was thinking about doing an Ishimaru cosplay from Dangan Ronpa but I'm not entirely sure if I should just try to find and buy a school uniform or try to make it myself. I assume I'd go insane trying to do it my way, but I'm not entirely sure where to find one. Does anyone know where I can pick something like this up?

Of course getting the eyebrows right and the colored contacts will be an issue for later.

Buy a 'mad doctor' coat which buttons all the way up. Trim off the bottom third, add a high collar and epaulettes and you're mostly done.

Here's one way of doing the eyebrows:

For your own sake don't buy cheap contacts, get a properly fitted set. If you buy a cheapo set from the mall they might work out okay but they might also cause you intense pain after half an hour.

Edit: don't forget to plan out how you're doing the hair and don't leave it to the last minute!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Oh God that was quick and was extremely helpful, thanks a lot Snowglobe! I was thinking of styling a wig for the hair, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it. As of right now the first order of business is making the coat. I'm not going to be going to a con for a while so I can take my time with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Choco1980 posted:

And C. Krang's robot body was pretty much a potbellied fat guy, so being skinny would ruin it.

• Locked thread